My Jig is worth more than my TS!

I got a D1600 Leigh Dovetail jig for X-mas and exchanged it for it for its bigger brother the D4R. I want the added versatility of doing wider and thicker boards. I'm in this hobby for the long haul so may as well pay now.

I now have a jig worth more than my TS

Time to upgrade the TS. ;)

Reply to
Stoutman

Don't forget double setups.

I often set up my D4 for opposite ends of boards, when I'm doing half-blinds on the front and throughs on the back.

Since I like my backs to be narrower than my sides (bottom clearance), both ends are again handy on the back.

I find double setups to make the difference truly work the bux!

Reply to
B A R R Y

Then, with a new TS, time to upgrade the workshop.........

Reply to
Lee K

That must be some TS ;) . . . . . . . You're gonna love the D4.

Reply to
George Max

Nice, I've been looking for a jig, the D4 is a little pricey, but the PC can't do variable patterns, so I'll probably have to spring for the D4 or the D1600. Also, the D4/1600 got the overall best review in FWW compared to all the other jigs on the market.

Enjoy, and post some pics next door when you make one o them fancy joints!

JR

Reply to
Panic

Oh, it's a real piece of work!

here it is:

.

Reply to
Stoutman

Upgrade your TS to a cabinet saw and you will not be using your TS aligner as much on it. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Thanks for the link.

Reply to
George Max

Yeah, good idea. If I get a cabinet saw I will never need to accurately align my TS blade to any angle. I will also never need to accurately align my fence square either! :) I can go back to the old and slow way of sighting down a square to align my blade to 90 too.

Come to think of it, I can also cut my dovetails by hand. Hmmmm. :)

Reply to
Stoutman

No, I said not as much. LOL. You'll still need something for all the in between angles. You'll be surprised as to how accurately the cabinet saws stay in alignment. You will love the Leigh, the F1 finger joint jig is great also. It's a no brainer to use once you have it set up, the F1 jig that is. The Leigh makes having dove tails fit the project vs. the other way around an easy task. Enjoy.

Reply to
Leon

Yep. That was a BIG selling point for me. I haven't used it yet, but I have it attached to my bench. Looks really good in the shop ;)

Reply to
Stoutman

happens, I have the4 same model.

Reply to