My Japanese spoon plane

Wouldn't clear the shavings from the throat no matter what I did. I haven't modified the throat and I didn't want to do that. I had the iron and the wedge out of the plane and for some reason, I don't know why, I applied paraffin to every thing, the iron, the throat, and the body of the plane. I re-assembled the plane and tried it. The shavings flew out of the plane and they were the translucent, light shavings that I was looking for. I thought I would share this with you in case some body else has similar problems. :-)

Reply to
Lowell Holmes