My Gloat!

Hi fellow sawdust munchers,
I read a post by Rob V about his buys at an auction and I thought I'd chime in with mine.
This fall our local Ace went out of business and had a huge auction. Among truckloads of various small goods and tools and fasteners and shelving we won, I landed some wild ones.
I got about $9-10,000 worth of commercial adjustable shelving for about $400! I had to wait until the end of the auction to get it. (over 11 hours). This stuff is still in the McMaster Carr catalog, so we knew what we were buying.
I got a Powermatic Model 65 for $125 that I'm keeping. It's a little rusty, but complete.
I wished I had bought the most amazing RAS I have ever seen. It was the size of a horse and went for $10. I couldn't figure out how I would move the thing or I would have bid.
I also got a Safety Speed Cut H5 vertical panel saw that I would like to sell. I couldn't let it go! If I don't hear anything from our locals or anyone else soon, it'll go on eBay.
I also have another Safety Speed Cut H4 vertical panel saw for sale, that I had professionally converted to something a smidgen larger than a H5. This one was in my shop for years and I don't need it anymore as I have just restored an old Hendrick horizontal panel saw.
Merry Christmas
James
On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 08:17:11 -0700, James Tomalonis wrote

I often think of stuff like this as gloat worthy, but then come to realize where am I going to stash all of it! Sounds like you now have plenty of wood storage, congrats and you suck!
-Bruce
Nice score.
Where are you located anyways?

Exact address and dates you plan to be away for a few days.
FoggyTown
No point in sneaking in, I'll help load up some of this junk! Heck there's other old iron here waiting to go or find it's way into my shop. I'm always looking for deals.
I'm in Mill Hall, PA. If you put your finger in the dead center of a map of PA, that would be just about be it.
I have two businesses, a trout farm, (since 1948), and a plastic welding business. The farm does a lot of wood working for it's own uses, and the plastic fabricating shop uses a lot of wood tools. I have basically two of everything as I don't let the two raw materials mix.
James

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:48:07 -0500, "James Tomalonis"

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

you'd be surprised: http://products.amelabs.com/toys-and-novelties-singing--rainbow-trout.php