My first Stanley hand plane, did I luck-out?

$32 in an antique alley (co-op) store.
Hey everyone, I just bought a used Bailey #4 of impeccable condition, only very minor rust streaks (extremely minor!), here and there on the soul casting. I have followed previous threads in this NG, found plane dating and typing sites and can come as close as type 19. It was used very very little maybe several "strokes" or swipes on walnut and it had never even been tuned! The japaning (spelling?) is 100% there and perfect and the coating on the wooden handles is say 98%. I read that these are rosewood with a coating that practically obscures the woodgrain, which is true of the tote and knob on this plane. Not a scratch anywhere on the metal except for the original machining streaks of the soul (sole?). Did I get a good deal? Is it worth more than $32?
Also I have seen the pictures of the current production bailey #4 on the Stanley website and they really look the same, so could it be that this plane is the same but only right before they switched to plastic tote and knob?
Thanks all,
Alex
Bottom line is are YOU happy with it? A nice #4 for $32 is not particularly overpriced, and since it is in very good shape as you indicate, you could likely get more if posted on Ebay (where 80% of the time folks overpay, IMHO). If it was pre-WWII sweetheart in that condition it would be worth double, maybe more. All in all for a post war, likely late 50's plane you did ok and who knows it may tend to increase in value as time goes by. That's not to say that you can't find one which has a few more cosmetic "issues" that don't effect function for <$20; indeed, I have a shelf full of perhaps 8 or 9 #4s and I never pay more than $10-15, but that's the garage sale "hunt" part of my madness. So, congratulations, get busy and tune it up and make some shavings, that's what it was made for.
Mutt.

"Mutt"

Thanks Mutt, we have a town near here, there are some Hollywood stars that live there like Malcolm McDowell and Scott Bakula. But the hobby of the whole town on Saturdays is yard and garage sales, so I need to go. I would love to find a stanley #45 outfit. The thing about me finding this plane in my area is that it "just doesn't happen". This area is all schools and churches and shopping, not "fine hand craftsmanship", many more machine shops and auto garages. But it sounds by you that I got an average deal and the seller knew how to price it. Thanks again.
Alex