My First Inlay Experience

I bought a butterfly template (Jasper) from woodcraft and tried it out tonight.
Wow! It was easier than I thought it would be. I'm using the inlay kit with the removable bushing on the router.
My question is : I noticed that I had to either square the corners of the work piece or round the corners of the inlay. Which method is preferred. On my practice piece I squared the corners of the work, but I thought that if a mistake was to be made, it would be better to make it on the inlay ie.round the corners.
What do you do?
-- Stoutman http://www.garagewoodworks.com (Featuring a NEW look)
Glad to see you liked my suggestion. I prefer using a single-edge razor blade to cut the corners - they look better squared off. The razor blade aligns along the edge nicely and then simply push down (if with the grain) or use a very small tack hammer to tap the blade into cross-grain to make the cuts.
Bob S.
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I bought a butterfly template (Jasper) from woodcraft and tried it out tonight.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Wow!&nbsp;&nbsp; It was easier than I thought it would be.&nbsp; I'm using the inlay kit with the removable bushing on the router.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>My question is :&nbsp; I noticed that I had to either square the corners of the work piece or round the corners of the inlay.&nbsp; Which method is preferred.&nbsp; On my practice piece I squared the corners of the work, but I thought that if a mistake was to be made, it would be better to make it on the inlay ie.round the corners.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>What do you do?</FONT></DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2> <DIV><BR>-- <BR>Stoutman<BR><A href="http://www.garagewoodworks.com ">http://www.garagewoodworks.com </A><BR>(Featuring a NEW look) </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=