My Fein MultiMaster impression.

Sorry, I don't do impressions... <barump>
Seriously, what a tool. Now that I finally have my own, with new blades and stuff, I can't imagine a proper installation toolkit without one.
I had to remove a section of 8" high 1" thick baseboard. Tile ran down on top of the baseboard from above and tile was laid up against it on the floor.
No problem. A couple of pencil lines drawn with my square and freehanded a few straight insertions of the 'e-blade'... a 0.5mm kerf and it cut like butter. Truly effortless. I cannot imagine any other way to do this cut as quickly and as cleanly as this tool let me do it.
Besides this little excursion, the next relatively small job I have scheduled ( The re and re of a couple of 8' tall T'nG boards) and the thing is paid for. Then I have a couple of tiles to replace on my kitchen floor (don't ask) and a couple of louvred shutters to sand and paint. This Multimaster Top hooks up to my Fein Turbo II vacuum as well...
I know the purchase of a tool like this hurts, but the pain turns into pleasure pretty quick. My apprehension stemmed largely from my encounter with the Porter Cable Profile sander, which was a complete waste of money and should have resulted into a class action suit AFAIAC.
I bought the Fein from David Eisan at Federated Tool in London, ON and picked up another Hitachi M12V while I was there because I really like that router and Hitachi is rumoured to be discontinuing it soon... oh.. and a Delta planer. *gloaty-smirk*. That oughtta teach me to go to that store..it is FAR more dangerous there than Lee Valley.
No affiliations with any aforementioned companies.. just a happy customer. Fein RULES!
Yup, I agree. I bought mine to remove water damaged plywood wall and ceiling panels from the interior of vintage travel trailers. Because it easily and quickly flush cuts it has made this previously tedious task a pleasure. The plywood being removed also makes a better pattern for the new panel going back in. I have never used the sanding function.
I sold my piece of crap Dremel detail sander at last weekends garage sale for $30.00!
cm

I bought mine in November for the purpose of sanding tight spaces and after using the cutting blades- both metal and wood- and the scraper attachment, I feel it paid fot itself quickly too. When I put railings on my deck last week I lapped the corners of the 2x6 tops by cutting wide dadoes with my circular saw. I used the scraper blade to pare down the ripple that was left after knocking off the remaing wood. Another nice feature is that long power cord. Great tool to have in the toy/tool box. Marc
Love my Multimaster also. Wait till you use it to remove grout. Get the diamond blade, and it's like a hot knife going through butter....well, almost. Did a great job on the grout.
Mark

Are you aware that you can buy a profile sanding kit for this little gem?
;-)
Patriarch, who bought one for ceramic tile installation last summer, and seconds the gloating...

use 'the stick' (which I haven't bought yet either.) Lots of really cool accessories and room in the box for them still to be had. As much as it goes against the grain of my thinking, I can't help but feel sorry for all those guys with them RotoZips (and clones) out there.

How's about that POS gas-fired finish nailer that PC came out with? I can no longer bring myself to even recall it's moniker. Now THAT wuz a waste of money.
--
"New Wave" Dave In Houston

And then there was that PC Pocket Cutter the 550. It 'looked' like it should have worked. Lethal and useless. And the most bone-chilling noise of any tool ever made. They stopped making that pretty quick. I think it was because the carrying case it came in, didn't have the room in it for all the paperwork i.e. legal dept. disclaimers etc.
Robatoy wrote:
> Sorry, I don't do impressions... <barump> > > Seriously, what a tool. Now that I finally have my own, with new blades > and stuff, I can't imagine a proper installation toolkit without one. <snip>
Next time maybe you'll pay attention to your old sea daddy.<G>
Lew

Sorry, Dad.. I shoulda listened. <G> Got to tell you though..that tool is so much better than I expected, I can't get over it. A masterpiece.
Robatoy wrote:
> Sorry, Dad.. I shoulda listened. <G> > Got to tell you though..that tool is so much better than I expected, I > can't get over it. A masterpiece.
SFWIW, the only thing I've used to date are the various carbide cutters.
Lew