My dad will be selling some tools/machines

First item is a preformax sander this is a pro max II 24" sander, this has seen a few hours of use. he bought it new and used if very little. make offer
next machine is a Starmark MAX oscillating spindle sander, like new very little use.
both of the above items have original paper work and like new condition
next machine is a very old "printers table saw" this is a saw used in the days of hand type setting, very accurate machine no tilting arbor. It also has a slide table to mill off the ends of wood that can be set to VERY accurate sizes. This machine is very heavy and well built. All items are in Newtown CT. I will be down to see my dad next week and will get pictures, I have all the paper work on the 2 newer machines and can scan/email info if needed.
Why don't you say where the machines are located, a starting price, etc. Shipping makes a BIG diference in purchase decisions and I, for one, won't buy until I can see it - at any price.
--
Charley

"wayne mak" < snipped-for-privacy@makowicki.com> wrote in message
Newtown, CT, Charley. Tom
I'm too far away, but I'm sure that someone in NY, CT, or MA will be interested.
--
Charley

"tom" < snipped-for-privacy@msn.com> wrote in message
On 3/11/2006 6:09 PM Charley mumbled something about the following:

Umm, he did say they were in Newton, CT, so there's half of your complaint gone.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

I'm interested in a spindle sander, but I'm not familiar with this brand or model. Can you describe it a little more - is it a benchtop or free-standing model? What size spindles? HP? Very rough price range estimate? Thanks, Andy
The sander is a self standing unit, I think about 300 pounds, a very nice machine. as to ball park price some where above $500 it cost my dad far more and has been used only by him.

Try this link http://cgi.ebay.com/Max-Oscillating-Spindle-Sander_W0QQitemZ7593853931QQcategoryZ57123QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem like this one but single phase and not used more than a few hours

<<<I will send them up the ebay river if nothing happens in the next week or so>>>
And I'm sure you will do quite well there. I truly believe there are no more bargains to be hand on Ebay. I was tracking a Delta 380 15" planer for the last week. It sold for $885 and the buyer must pick it up at the guy's shop. The 780, the replacement for the 380, is currently being sold on Amazon for $1198, less a $100 rebate, and free shipping. So for $200 I don't have to break my back moving the thing and I get a brand new machine.
I agree, ebay makes finding bargains more work, but if you need a small part or odd item you can find it on ebay. Its good and bad, I do wonder what will happen to tag sales, flea markets, close out sales and what ever else is out there.

Thanks to this group, I see that Amazon is offering the $75 off $300 tool purchases. That brings my net price on that machine to $1025, enough to make the wife start thinking its a good idea.
Of course, I'll probably take the PC belt sander instead of the $100 cash back, and I have to add in the mobile base right away, but those are just details.

Like the exact address, or where in CT, Newtown CT is located
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 17:16:48 -0500, "wayne mak"

I'm CT and possibly interested. Is there a ballpark price?
Thanks, Barry