My busted screw problem fixed!...Thanks all Very Much!

Thanks all for your help - Whoever suggested the sharpened piece of copper tubing chucked in the drill - worked like a charm! I started the hole with a 3/8 fostner, chucked a piece of 3/8 sharpened copper tubing and drilled into white oak like butter. Used a 3/8 plug cutter and the glue is setting up now! Thanks VERY MUCH! ...I was really stressing about it!