My Best Gloat

Hey All,
It has been months since I last browsed this group. We had our third girl this summer and time has been tight. Now that I am getting a little freedom, I had a chance to go (with the family) to the local wood show; the first one of the season. I had no intentions of buying anything this time (really). I walked up to a discount table and saw a slightly used Dewalt DW625 3HP router sitting there without the box but it had both collet sizes zip-tied to it. No price on it so I asked the guy what it was selling for. After stepping away to ask someone else, he came back saying $25. I had to make him repeat it so I wasn't hearing things: $25!!! Holy crap! I plugged it in to be sure it wasn't going to be a rebuild and it started up like new! I am still freaking out! Now I have the router table router I need.
Just thought I would share.

I'm not the world's biggest DeWalt fan, but you, sir, suck.

I only have two (4 and 6) and I've already told my wife that in about another 7-8 years I will be taking up permanent residence in the shop.
todd
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

Totally green with envy.
S.

- I plugged it in to be sure it wasn't going to be a rebuild
Learn me something: How would you have known it was a rebuild?
Thanks.
DerbyDad03 wrote:

already escaped and it wouldn't run at all. Otherwise, who knows?     mahalo,     j4 Oh and you suck.

Ya, I know how much I suck and I'm just loving it!
As for knowing if it's a rebuild, besides the points above: doesn't start, starts with noise, squeeky bearings, noticeable vibration, doesn't soft start, etc, etc.

I interpreted him to mean that he was making sure it wasn't going to (need to) be a rebuild, not a rebuilt router.
todd

Yes, I meant that I wouldn't have to rebuild it.