My Airplane display is not on Display!

Page 2 of 2
On 3/8/2013 11:32 AM, Bill wrote:

;~) Thank you Bill.
Nicely done, Leon! Your design >really< shines when it is doing what it was designed to do.
I must confess that I didn't read this thread earlier as I thought,
Well.... poor Leon.... he got screwed. Damnit! At least he got paid!
Then to find it was OK all along, that's great!
Robert

Thank you Robert! It was not my first concept but a few suggestions and pictures of the proposed area were a bit helpful. I was given renderings of what the rest of the booth contents would look like. Oddly the company that built the booth was apparently incapable of doing the airplane display too.

You lost me there.. ;~)

Yeah, they seemed to have liked it.
"Leon" wrote in message
As many of you will recall I built an airplane display for a company that transports heavy cargo all over the world. My display is in Las Vegas this week, who knows where after that.
Anyway it seems to blend in with the "Pro" commercially designed booth.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8539696494/in/photostream/lightbox/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8538589223/in/photostream/lightbox/
PRO!
Dave in Texas
On 3/9/13 11:54 AM, Dave in Texas wrote:

Definitely Pro. I have a friend who's done this for a living for quite a while, while employed by another company and now, as owner of his own. He specializes in museum displays and these kind of convention displays.
Leon, yours stands up in every aspect, with possibly one exception. In his business, they usually only have a week or two to produce an entire convention display. Of course, there's more than one guy doing it.
Kudos to you, looks fantastic.
--

-MIKE-

On 3/9/2013 12:12 PM, -MIKE- wrote:> On 3/9/13 11:54 AM, Dave in Texas wrote: >> "Leon" wrote in message >> >> >> As many of you will recall I built an airplane display for a company >> that transports heavy cargo all over the world. My display is in Las >> Vegas this week, who knows where after that. >> >> Anyway it seems to blend in with the "Pro" commercially designed booth. >> >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8539696494/in/photostream/lightbox/ >> >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8538589223/in/photostream/lightbox/ >> >> PRO! >> >> Dave in Texas >> >> > > Definitely Pro. I have a friend who's done this for a living for quite a > while, while employed by another company and now, as owner of his own. > He specializes in museum displays and these kind of convention displays.
Thank you! It looked good in my garage. ;~) I was not sure how it would look compared to the other pieces that it would be used with. I think it works. At least they liked it enough to send me these pictures.
> > Leon, yours stands up in every aspect, with possibly one exception. In > his business, they usually only have a week or two to produce an entire > convention display. Of course, there's more than one guy doing it.
I recall the day before Thanksgiving sending the quote to them and I got a go ahead a couple of hours later. I bought materials the following Monday and the unit was completed before the end of the year. There were bumps in the road that delayed getting started in earnest and there was about a 10 day period that I had to wait for the airplanes to arrive so that I could space them before proceeding to cut the angles holes for the mounting posts and covering the top with laminate. I'm sure the guys that do this for a living already have an inventory of materials that are premade much like Ikea furniture. This set up appeared to be that way. I do recall feed back when the cabinet I built was first assembled with out my guidance. The response was, it's nice to have a display that goes together like you would think it should and it only take 10 minutes.
I put a lot of thought into the simplicity factor. There are 8 bolts that are all on the outside of the cabinet and that is all that is needed to hold everything in place. This does not count the actual mounting of the airplanes to the tops of the posts. Add 2 set screws for that. There are two shelves for storage inside behind the back doors and the airplane mounting posts slide through the angled top and index into the top shelf for stability.
> > Kudos to you, looks fantastic. > > Thanks again!
On 3/9/2013 11:54 AM, Dave in Texas wrote:

thank you