My Airplane display is not on Display!

Page 1 of 2
As many of you will recall I built an airplane display for a company that transports heavy cargo all over the world. My display is in Las Vegas this week, who knows where after that.
Anyway it seems to blend in with the "Pro" commercially designed booth.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8539696494/in/photostream/lightbox/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8538589223/in/photostream/lightbox/
I guess my title should have said, NOW, not, not. Darn spell checker, yeah I probably misspelled now. LOL
"Leon" wrote in message

Cool that your display is now on display!
...and yes, spell checkers can do some interesting things to the written word! I recall an embarrassing one when "Browning Citori" (a shotgun model) was "corrected."
John

Beautiful shotgun! Probably equally beautiful "other" '~)
And Thank you!

LOL ... Great shotgun, if you can find it. ;)
Here's mine in action over 30 years ago:
http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-tBLEBVR4vuM/TfUZggNeRmI/AAAAAAAAFbk/wJ7qXzNaIeE/s2048/06-12-2011%2002 ;15;45PM.jpg
--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)

"Swingman" wrote in message wrote:

Yup... got a 20 and a 12. Seldom use the 12 any more as I primarily upland bird hunt... the 20 is my "magic gun." It's pretty much a "See bird, See bird fall" thing where I don't even notice what happens in between. The way it should be... ;~)
John

I have an old Remington Model 11 (Browning patent) 20 ga (which I got when I was 11 years old); a 1950's era Browning A5, 12 ga; and the Citori O&U (full and modified choke) 12ga, magnum chambered.
The Citori is my favorite ... like you, it has become an extension of my arms and eyes.
That said, I don't hunt much any longer, but I did more than my share of dove, quail, duck and goose hunting for 50 years.
I did the below twice a year, with clients, for a good ten years ... don't think it is even possible to do this any longer:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/MexicoWhiteWingDoveHuntSept1981?authkey=Gv1sRgCOGapbueiLe45QE
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
"Swingman" wrote in message

In South America they have dove hunts... I think the standard package is two cases of shells per day but you can buy more!
I've thinned out the inventory... down to the two Brownings, a 20 gauge S&W Gold Elite English stock, and a 28 gauge CZ Ringneck. The Gold Elite is all I used the past two seasons... great woodcock and grouse gun where action is fast in tight cover. I do better with the Citori on the relatively slow flying pheasants in more open cover but the Gold Elite carries so nicely I carried it for them too... missed a few though. ;~)
Amusingly I used the Gold Elite at the Boy Scout sporting clays fundraiser last fall at Orvis Sandanona... worst score I ever got, a 50, but that got me first place in the "beginner's category" which we determined by the median score...! LOL That gun was totally out of place amongst the 12 gauge O/Us but I was there to have fun with the Gold Elite and I did. One of the trappers was giving me crap about shooting from a low gun during warm up. When my team showed up at his station during the shoot he started in again. He didn't say a word after I hit 5/6, from a low gun at a difficult uphill, tight, fast station where many got 0-3. That gun is made for that kind of shooting... those big slow 12 gauge guns were handicapped there. ;~)
Sort of on topic... I'm working on a fitted case for the Gold Elite... oak frame and exterior with a cherry interior. I made one but am not crazy about it... it was a good learning experience though. I'm going to strip the Brusso Quadrant Hinges and Gerstner leather handle and compartment (drawer) pull and make another one.
John

Envy you the upland game shooting. The closest we have here to that experience is Bob White quail in the Gulf Coast area. I used to load hay bales for a neighbor farmer, all day in the hot summer sun, in exchange for for the privilege of being able to hunt his acreage during quail season. I grew up devouring the old "Field and Stream" mags and dreamed many a night of pheasant and grouse hunting. :)
--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)

"Swingman" wrote in message

It is fun for sure... and it's not about the numbers it's about the experience. Habitat has become an issue as development and maturation of the forests has cut the number of birds. When I was a kid wild pheasants and grouse could be found in our large yard at times. Now my parents have turkey.... which is an outgrowth of the maturation.
Regarding habitat I've gotten involved with the Ruffed Grouse Society as treasurer of the Mid-Hudson chapter and my son Jesse is the secretary--the youngest officer in RGS history. We had our inaugural fund raising banquet a few weeks ago and had 73 participants. We've had discussions with the state department of environmental conservation and NYC watershed folks and both have indicated they would allow us to develop habitat on their lands. Things are looking up!
We get a chance at quail on one piece of state forest preserve land. It is stocked a couple times per year... don't think I've ever gotten more than 3 or 4 in a season though. It is a good place for stocked pheasants and the woodcock flights keep things interesting. Ruffed grouse are the toughest to find.... and kept secret!

You should have used the spell checker on the display too. The letters don't look like what we learned in school. .

Don't you remember, Ed? The optimists were learning Russian, the pessimists Chinese.
--
Best regards
Han
On 3/8/2013 10:23 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Yeah! Russian
Leon wrote:

Looks very professional. As usual.
--
 GW Ross

 A Canadian is an unarmed American
On 3/8/2013 8:45 AM, G. Ross wrote:

Thank you!
On 3/8/2013 8:31 AM, Leon wrote:

How cool is that, Bubba! Fantastic ... all that detailed planning of yours paid off, BIG TIME.
The banking angle is perfection personified (despite no flaps <g> ).
Congratulations!!
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 3/8/2013 9:23 AM, Swingman wrote:

Thank you!

Fantastic!!
The Volga reference reminds me of a song from my youth:
Ik ben Olga van de Wolga Ik drink wodka tot ik kapot ga Ik eet kaviaar als een moordenaar Omdat ik zoooveel van je hou!
I am Olga from the Volga I drink vodka until I go kaput I eat caviar like a murderer Because I Looove you that much!
So sorry, you have to have had some ...
--
Best regards
Han
On 3/8/2013 10:10 AM, Han wrote:

Thank you!

If you say so. LOL
Leon wrote:

It's really cool to see it not on display! It looks *great*on display!
Bill