Musings On A Cane

Page 2 of 2
Thu, Feb 3, 2005, 3:01pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (LawrenceL'Hote) says: FWIW our local VFW will loan vets wheelchairs, walkers, canes etc. You may qualify under Medicade, although I know you are still quite young, and the doc can prescribe the cane and you won't be out a cent.. Save that money for ww tools.
You know, I don't even belong to the VFW. If I did, someone would probably want me to go to meeting or something. Meetings are scheduled, can't be having that. I do belong to the DAV, but don't bother attending any meetings. Hell with the doctor prescribing a cane for me. I'd rather save the free ones for people who are really tight for cash. I'd sonner buy my own. Then when "I" decide I don't need it anymore, it may go into one of my projects.
When I get to the point of needing a wheelchair, I figure I'll put a gas engine on it.
On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 02:11:26 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

damn, and you're the "plan man", bro!
Hope the problem goes away and you won't need a cane for years, except to smack the occasional stray dog..
Ahhh, forget all that crap - can you dowse with it?
B.
Thu, Feb 3, 2005, 9:00pm snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (BuddyMatlosz) asks: Ahhh, forget all that crap - can you dowse with it?
Nah. Tried it today. It's dead wood. You can't dowse with dead wood.
J T wrote:

When you're 110 to 140? :)

I have a cane too. A good cane is better than a walking stick in some instances. If, say, you want to re-paint your 180 pound park bench, and you don't want to kill the grass where the park bench is, so you pick it up over your head to carry it over to your patio, and then you step in a depression and fold your ankle over, and then you don't want to drop your 180 pound park bench, so you force yourself to stand back up and shoulder the burden, and you subsequently sprain the living shit out of your ankle, well, when that happens, a cane is a much better choice than a walking stick. DAMHIKT.
Fri, Feb 4, 2005, 1:29am snipped-for-privacy@users.sourceforge.net (Silvan) asks: When you're 110 to 140? :)
Sounds about right.

It's purpoted that the "Bell" has felled more that cholera. One does not eat fast food to feel good, one eats fast food to feel "full". But that place is death in a tortilla.