Music stand

Some time ago ( years ), FWW had a really nice music stand that I wanted to make for someone at my church. We moved away shortly after that, and I never get around to making it. But now my daughter is really involved in music, and has asked for a music stand, but I can't find the article in any of my "archives".
Does anyone know where I can see some music stand plans?
TIA, Tim

Well, I had one published last year in FWW if that's what you meant. No plans, I designed it myself. If you mean a really awesome one, that would be Wharton Esherick's music stand, that puts mine, and probably everyone else's to shame. Ther eis a website for the museum built where his studio was.
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:27:46 -0500, "Tim Schubach"

www.finewoodworking.com and http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=free+woodworking+plans+music+stand are 2 good starting points, don't you think?
-------------------------------------------- -- I'm in touch with my Inner Curmudgeon. -- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development ===========================================================
<snip>

No plans, but pictures, at least as far back as 'Design Book 2', which included maybe 4 or 5 of them.
This project has always fascinated me, but is far enough down the to-do list that I haven't started drawing pictures yet...
Patriarch

If you wanna cough up about 12 bucks for the plans for this one, you could see them.
http://www.musikit.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MK&Product_Code=Podi-17&Category_Code=Pod

Before you dive into this, if the music stand is going to travel, I don't think making it out of wood is the best idea because of weight. There are some good lightweight music stands out there. The last thing you want is to be fumbling around with a 10 lb stand.
OTOH, if it's for home use, rarely moved, go for it!
Thu, Dec 2, 2004, 2:27pm snipped-for-privacy@lexisnexis.com (TimSchubach) wonders: <snip> Does anyone know where I can see some music stand plans?
Yes.
Really should leave you hanging, until you learn to rephrase your questions.
However. This should be in the archives, but a simple google would have come up with it too. http://www.medievalwood.org/charles/lecturn.html
JOAT Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind. - Dr Seuss
J T wrote:

Tim...
There's a wonderful web page about getting information on usenet titled "How to ask smart questions" that you might find helpful.
You can find a link to it (along with links to some other usenet info) at http://www.iedu.com/c - I put the links up for new C programmers, but the usenet stuff is generally applicable.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar