Music stand

Some time ago ( years ), FWW had a really nice music stand that I wanted to make for someone at my church. We moved away shortly after that, and I never get around to making it. But now my daughter is really involved in music, and has asked for a music stand, but I can't find the article in any of my "archives".

Does anyone know where I can see some music stand plans?

TIA, Tim

Reply to
Tim Schubach

Well, I had one published last year in FWW if that's what you meant. No plans, I designed it myself. If you mean a really awesome one, that would be Wharton Esherick's music stand, that puts mine, and probably everyone else's to shame. Ther eis a website for the museum built where his studio was.

Reply to
DarylRos

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:27:46 -0500, "Tim Schubach" spake the words:

and
2 good starting points, don't you think?

-------------------------------------------- -- I'm in touch with my Inner Curmudgeon. --

Comprehensive Website Development ============================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"Tim Schubach" wrote in news:conqai$pbe$ snipped-for-privacy@mailgate2.lexis-nexis.com:

No plans, but pictures, at least as far back as 'Design Book 2', which included maybe 4 or 5 of them.

This project has always fascinated me, but is far enough down the to-do list that I haven't started drawing pictures yet...

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

If you wanna cough up about 12 bucks for the plans for this one, you could see them.

mark

Before you dive into this, if the music stand is going to travel, I don't think making it out of wood is the best idea because of weight. There are some good lightweight music stands out there. The last thing you want is to be fumbling around with a 10 lb stand.

OTOH, if it's for home use, rarely moved, go for it!

Reply to
Larry Bud

Thu, Dec 2, 2004, 2:27pm snipped-for-privacy@lexisnexis.com (Tim=A0Schubach) wonders: Does anyone know where I can see some music stand plans?

Yes.

Really should leave you hanging, until you learn to rephrase your questions.

However. This should be in the archives, but a simple google would have come up with it too.

who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind.

- Dr Seuss

Reply to
J T

Tim...

There's a wonderful web page about getting information on usenet titled "How to ask smart questions" that you might find helpful.

You can find a link to it (along with links to some other usenet info) at

- I put the links up for new C programmers, but the usenet stuff is generally applicable.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Along the lines of a music stand, anybody have plans for a bent wood bicycle rack along the lines of a wood music stand?

bob g.

Morris Dovey wrote:

Reply to
Robert Galloway

DAGS

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Did the google search. Didn't find much. I'm hoping to find somebody has made a bentwood lamination type bicycle rack that leans against the wall and can hold a couple of bikes. Didn't find anything in google proper or google news search. I'll keep looking.

bob g.

Morris Dovey wrote:

Reply to
Robert Galloway