Music Box Movement - Reuge

Hi All,
Many years ago, I made SWMBO a cherry jewelry box which featured a 36 note Reuge music box movement. The movement has given up the ghost, and I would like to replace it. Google finds plenty of place which sell finished music boxes, but I only found one dealer of just the movement, and they had a very limited selection of tunes. I got the original from Klockit, but now they only sell cheap stuff. (Looks like they don't carry the high end clock movements any more either. Plenty of pukey ducks with clock hands though.) Anbody know who sells these movements?
Thanks, Paul
On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 03:12:13 GMT, the inscrutable Scarfinger

http://www.google.com/search?q=jewelry+box+movement+reuge shows a few. 7,030 to be precise.
"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - http://diversify.com Website Application Programming
Try these folks -
www.bettermusicboxes.com
John On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 21:06:43 -0700, Larry Jaques

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 21:06:43 -0700, Larry Jaques

Thanks for checking, but all those links are for finished boxes. All I need is the movement. I have sent email to a few dealers to see if they will sell a movement alone.
Thanks, Paul.
On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 01:00:36 GMT, the inscrutable Scarfinger

Hey, I scanned down about 20 links and found Blob Villa's site. They offer movements (via Rockler). See link "Music Movements - Jewel..." Down a few more screens was the 7thmovement link with more movements.
Man, you really need to learn how to DAGS, Paul. <tsk, tsk, tsk> After looking down a dozen screens or so, I changed the search to "music+box+movement+reuge" and found an even better return.
Google and Roget are your friends.
--- Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done. http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 19:31:01 -0700, Larry Jaques

Rockler only sells 50-note and a 72-note movements.
7thmovement gives a link to amazingmusicbox.com which was the dealer in my OP with a limited selection. Only 4 tunes, none of which I want.

You work for the Gov't too?

I would think one of these could help you. You can even listen at the first site.
http://www.musicboxattic.com/list.html
http://www.reuge.com/index.php?id 1&L=3
http://www.worldofmusicboxes.com/700tunes/#36notereuge

Thanks Edwin,
Music Box Attic replied that they don't sell them separately. Still waiting for replies from Reuge and other dealers.
Paul.
Well i did a search on google and came up with a few links. Here's the results. http://www.google.ca/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&hl=en&q=Movements+AND+Music+Box&meta=&btnG=Google+Search
message

Scarfinger Wrote:

I just want to make it clear that we do have 50 & 72 Note Movements for a lower price and better quality than Rockler, we just don't have 30 Note Movements available at this time, please see for details http://bettermusicboxes.com/Products/Movements/
Thank you for your interest,
Roger Atkinson Information Technology Manager
BetterMusicBoxes.com 2703 Camino Chueco Santa Fe, NM 87505 USA
Ph: 505-412-0846
--
BMBhere