Murphy's (Joe's) Laws

Came across this while searching the archives for dust + explosion. Doesn't look like it has been posted since '02.
My skill level puts me right around 44 through 47
http://community-1.webtv.net/WoodworkerJoe/MurphysWoodworking /
RayV wrote:

my thoughts
12. should be -> Once a project is fouled up, anything you do to it will only make it *better*.
16. should be ammended with "And the second time."
24. This one was funny.
26. I was smiling about this one until I read 27...
The final 3 were good as well :) or maybe :(
--
Thank you,

RayV wrote:

"46. You would rather spend your money on good tools than waste it on expensive hardwoods."
Yes, but...I just used a good 15" planer to plane one 10' 5/4x6" walnut board and one 8' 10/4x8" cherry plank down, and the good tool adage applies here, especially with that honking chunk of cherry. It's log run--I bought it about 5-6 years ago at a sawmill where no one else wanted the load. It's log run, certainly not FAS, but the power of the 15" stationary planer compared to even the best portable planers has to be used to be appreciated.
This is a point where heavier duty good tools outdo lighter duty good tools (not always the case.
Charlie Self
"Charlie Self" wrote in message

Good to see you back ... beginning to wonder.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 08:11:42 -0800, RayV wrote:

Man, am I livin' #68 right now.
--
The only thing worse than a Cubs fan is a happy Cubs fan.
-Joe Wells

Many of these seem to be purloined from an old electronics company's (1960s) Murphys Laws...but they missed one that would still apply for woodworking and that is Murphy's Law of Selective Gravitation: "a dropped tool will always land where it can do the most damage."

I didn't see this one anywhere:
"When taking a picture of the amazing twenty clamp glue-up, you won't notice that the main panel was glued with rabbet side wrong until you look through the viewfinder."
nor it's companion:
"The speed at which the glue sets increases with the number of clamps you need, and is always greater than the speed at which you can set the clamps."
- Owen -