MURPHY BED

Who was Murphy anyway?

JOAT The grass on the other side of the fence is seldom greener. It just gets more media attention.

Reply to
J T

Murphy bed Folding bed The original Murphy Bed was invented by Californian, William L Murphy (although the term is now sometimes used for any folding bed which can be stored in a cupboard). William Murphy actually got his first patent for a folding bed in 1900, and in the same year he set up the Murphy Door Bed Company". But the bed that most people think of when they think of a Murphy Bed is the "pivot bed", with he invented in 1918, and which pivoted into the doorway of a bedroom cupbiard. Murphy went on to invent further space-saving furniture.

According to:

RayV

Mon, Aug 29, 2005, 5:37am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (RayV) burbled a bunch of stuff:

Foolish me, I actually didn't think I had to say - it was a rhetorical question.

JOAT Plans? Plans? Don' need no steenkin' plans.

Reply to
J T