MURPHY BED

http://www.workbenchmagazine.com/main/pdf/wb289-Murphy%20Bed.pdf
Who was Murphy anyway?
JOAT The grass on the other side of the fence is seldom greener. It just gets more media attention.
Murphy bed Folding bed The original Murphy Bed was invented by Californian, William L Murphy (although the term is now sometimes used for any folding bed which can be stored in a cupboard). William Murphy actually got his first patent for a folding bed in 1900, and in the same year he set up the Murphy Door Bed Company". But the bed that most people think of when they think of a Murphy Bed is the "pivot bed", with he invented in 1918, and which pivoted into the doorway of a bedroom cupbiard. Murphy went on to invent further space-saving furniture.
According to:
http://www.miketodd.net/lexicon/lex_m.htm
Mon, Aug 29, 2005, 5:37am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (RayV) burbled a bunch of stuff:
Foolish me, I actually didn't think I had to say - it was a rhetorical question.
JOAT Plans? Plans? Don' need no steenkin' plans.