Multimaster Clones in numbers

Page 2 of 2
Jay Chan wrote:

Gonna be longer than that--portable tools have the motors built in, they're not off-the-shelf parts, they're custom designs unique to the tool. So to bring in the corded version they need to redesign it with a 110v motor, order tooling, order parts, and get the line going--that's likely to be a year or more _after_ they make the decision, and they're likely to want several years of sales records on the cordless before they do that.
--John
says...

<snip>
I might help. I'll give the cordless version a serious look. ;-) The PS-40[*] is a *great* tool. If this is half as useful, I'll likely grab one.
[*] My "free" PS-20 came with a bent shaft. Usable, but wobbly. I would never have bought one.

If they're half smart, and Bosch usually is, they would have designed a dual voltage motor from the start. It's not all that big of a deal. If the tool is at all useful (read: sells well) a new version would take a few months of compliance testing to bring to market. It would likely take longer to get the marketing organization started.
--
Keith