multi router?

I have just got the DYI channel and have just seen woodworks with David Marks. He used a tool that I have never heard of before, a multi router. Is this just a jig or some new tool?
thanks Len
leonard wrote:

Nope and nope.
http://www.thejdscompany.com
UA100

It's a machine that he helped design and sells. You can see about it on his website http://www.djmarks.com/ click on Woodworks and space down to multi-router. He wants $2600 for the rig!!!!!!
Larry
--
Lawrence L'Hote
Columbia, MO

ShopNotes had a wooden replica of it recently. Vol. 12, Issue 68. It's about $2,579 cheaper. ;)
------------------------------------------------------- "i" before "e", except after "c", what a weird society. ---- http://diversify.com Dynamic Website Applications
leonard wrote:

Here's a DIY version - don't thing it has templates or pneumatic hold downs though
www.woodisourart.com/mortiseflex/mortiseflex.htm
Amazing the tools people make on their own.
charlie b
anyone have any thoughts about the relative capacities and merits of multi router versus woodrat?
leonard:
I've been fortunate enough to use this tool and it's wonderful, but extremely expensive.
Woodtek - sold through Woodworker's Supply has a similiar product for cheaper. Not sure of the quality -
woodworker.com
There is also a similiar device in Router Magic a book. Uses pillow blocks for the sliding tables and I once priced them out - cost about $70 for a set of two.
Good luck!
MJ wallace