Moving screw holes

I bought a tool in the past that drilled a conical hole, the size and shape of the pointed end of a wood pencil. This bit is used to drill out an existing screw hole and then a plug, either purchased or made with a dowel and pencil sharpener, is glued and driven into the conical hole, and chiseled off flush with the surface effecting a patch.

I need one now and can't find a source or manufacturer. Does anyone recall who sells it, or manufactures it?

Thanks, Boden

Reply to
EL

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Reply to
Preston Andreas

good grief, on the odd occasion when I've had to plug a hole, I just grab one of my Makitas and a 1/4" bit, drill a hole, and wack off a bit of 1/4 hardwood dowel, glue and insert the dowel, trim with a flush saw and I'm back in business. No special tools or skills required! :)

dave

EL wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

There's a chance for a good shot there but I'll refrain :)

Reply to
CW