Moveable Base For Jointer

I finally got a jointer. It is 2.25' long and 24" wide. It sits on a base that is 35" long and 19" wide. It weighs around 600 lb. Because of space limitations, I need to put the entire unit on a movable base. I need help on the size of the base and the dimensions of the wood that I should use to make the base.
I intend to have four castors on the base, two swivel locking, and two without locks. I have some pine in the shop, around 3 x 2. Half lap joints at each end, a layer of " ply, and castors screwed through the end joints.
Is this feasible? Is there a better way?
Thanks for your help.
--
Garry Collins
Remove the spamno from my eamill address.

I'd look into having one welded up from steel. and make sure you over rate the casters, especially if your shop floor is rough.

HTC mobile base, spend the money. You invested in a VERY expensive machine and scriping on the base makes no sense. I put their HTC 2000 under my 8" jointer, I can move it around, but it mostly stays put!
Alan

Do they supply to Australia?
--
Garry Collins
Remove the spamno from my eamill address.
Garry Collins wrote:

Wow! I'm curious. A machine this short, this wide and this heavy. What is it?
UA100
Garry, have you looked into commercially available bases? I just picked one up from Rockler yesterday. Though my weight needs are much less than yours, I thought it did a nice job on other equipment in the store, and it was only 35$. Woodcraft has numerous models too.
Dave

I bought a movable base set from HF. Its often 15.99 on sale. Its the kind where you have to add 2x2 members between the wheeled corners. However, the I put the caster wheel at the narrow side, and I wound up having to do some welding to get it together. You can't really put it on the side, as then you could only move your jointer sideways-a bit hard to get through doorways and tight spots! :)
John