Mourning the loss of Rockler in Greensboro NC

'Read an email from the local Rockler- said that they'll be closeing their doors mid Jan- We do have Woodcroft but I'm a firm believer in competion- so it goes...

I just saw the fliers today. 20% off until the Jan 15th. They said they were doing well, but Rockler was still pulling the plug. I always thought the guys at Rockler were more knowledgeable than the Woodcraft people.
They will be sorely missed :(
Now I need to drive further to Woodcraft.
--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

Two summers ago, they had hired a new VP Marketing, and were going to open a bunch more stores. Something's changed, or the VP Marketing maybe wasn't as smart as someone thought.
Or us woodworkers aren't an endless market after all. I haven't spent $200 at Rocklers in the last 18 months. Or Woodcraft, either.
Patriarch