Mounting the Triton router in the Triton router table

I'm having trouble mounting the Triton router securely in the Triton router table. The standard mounting arrangement of thumbwheel and clamp just isn't strong enough to support the heavy Triton router, and the router keeps slipping out of alignment. Any thoughts?

TIA .... John.

Reply to
John Jameson

John, I never had any trouble with it when I had that combination. Are you rotating the router into the keyed slot and then using the clamps? I can't imagine how it could not hold securely if secured in the right manner? Of course, there may be a problem with your router or mounting plate...

Triton customer service is usually very good. if you give them a call and explain the problem, they may be able to offer a solution.

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

50 woodworking product reviews online!

------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews:

- Ryobi EMS1830SCL 12" SCMS

- Bessey K-Body Clamps

- Lumber Wizard Metal Detector

- Pocket Hole Drilling Jig Project Book

- Kreg Universal Bench Klamp

- GRR-Ripper System & MJ Splitter

Woodcrafter

Sounds like you may have the Mk.1 router mounting plate. The current mounting plate has 2 keyhole slots as well as 4 hold downs. The bolts that hold the fence go thru' the keyholes & tighten up, then the 4 hold downs do up.

Triton sell a replacement plate for those of us with the Mk.1 setup - the one with 2 holddowns & 2 crescent shaped doovers - which did slip around.

regards Bruce

Reply to
BSRLee

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Triton have advised I need to buy a special sub-plate that "allows the Triton router to be easily fitted". Costs about US$10. All very confusing - I have an RTA300 which I thought was the latest, but my table has "2 holddowns & 2 crescent shaped doovers" to quote Bruce - so do I have a Mk1 setup?. The photo on the Triton website shows this arrangement too !!. Dean asked if I was "rotating the router into the keyed slot and then using the clamps"? Well I don't have any keyed slot that lines up with a fitting on the router. So I guess I'll just have to wait for the sub-plate from Triton.

Reply to
John Jameson