mounting a ceiling air filter

Page 3 of 3

I've got a Kreg K3. Know if the adapter came from Kreg or Festool (or perhaps some other source)? If you're not sure, I'll ping Leon.

I found this adapter that looks like it may do 2-1/2" to Festool. I guess I'll take measurements when I'm at WoodCraft tomorrow. Dust collection gizmos are always such a pain.
On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 00:01:14 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Crap, sent too soon.
http://www.mcfeelys.com/product/452897/Suction-Hose-Adapter
On 6/25/2010 10:24 PM, Upscale wrote:

I'm not sure where he found it, so best ping him.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

I found last night that my hoses from an older sears shop vac will plug right into the CT22 inlet which means I can use it with many of my other tools that I adapted to the 1 1/4" hose or 2"
Mike M

Just brought my first Rotex sander and the CT22 home. Looking forward to not having to wear the dual cartridge mask while sanding. Unfortunately the plunge saw was back ordered. I've got a Laguna sliding table and it still looks easier to cut sheet goods with the plunge saw then trying to muscle 3/4" plywood around.
Mike M
On 6/25/2010 7:43 PM, Mike M wrote:

Definitely is for me, particularly when you consider that you can get equal accuracy/cut quality with the plunge saw and guide rail.
Since I batch cut cabinet parts, and if I didn't have a table saw, I would definitely want the parallel guide system as well.
This appears to be a fair review of that item:
http://www.burrellcustomcarpentry.com/subpage83.html
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

That is the same model I purchased, and got two of the 55" tracks which I did bring home. I'll have to take a look at the stops though as they look handy. Hopefully I'll get the saw in the next week. Have some home projects to finish up and it will be nice to cut some pieces right where I'm working without quite as much mess. Thanks for the link.
Mike M

That guy has lots of Festools. He really likes them. When are you going to pony up and buy more Festools than he has? After all, its a competition, right? <G>
He obviously uses the tools. And his comments are relevant to folks who make their living with their tools.
On 6/26/2010 1:41 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

LOL ... I'm getting there. If the job requires it I've never balked at purchasing tools that increase productivity. At this point if Festool has it and the job requires it, the job is going to pay for it. :)

Ayup ... and Festool is uncannily designed for on-site accuracy and increased productivity. I'm seeing more and more trim carpenters with the tell tale Systainers in the back of pickups and vans.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

And, for anyone looking to expand their systainer set or otherwise interested, Lee Valley Tools sells a wide variety of Systainer Boxes, Drawer Systainers, Systainer Dolly, Polystyrene trays, Foam inserts, Mini Systainers and accessories, Systainer sets, A 3 sided lid insert.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?pd664&cat=1,43326,64664

Hello!
Did you say the shop is in the house and the room is included in the house air system? This seem very problematic. One would think you would want to isolate you home air system from the shop air. If not, I would think about adding some additional filtering on the return from the shop or you are adding fine particulate matter to your whole house, lungs, kids, lungs, etc.
:> One factor I want to be careful about is that (a) the shop is inside the :> house, and (b) there is one air return in the shop, directly above the :> door, which is in the SE corner.
: Hello!
: Did you say the shop is in the house and the room is included in the : house air system? This seem very problematic. One would think you : would want to isolate you home air system from the shop air. If not, I : would think about adding some additional filtering on the return from : the shop or you are adding fine particulate matter to your whole : house, lungs, kids, lungs, etc.
It's actually in a guesthouse, not the main house. I have considered adding a single room air conditioner to the shop and closing off the vent to isolate the shop from the rest of the guesthouse.
-- Andy Barss
On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 14:13:21 -0700 (PDT), "SonomaProducts.com"

One Filtrete HEPA filter does that for $12.95 per quarter. NOT a prob.
-- Peace of mind is that mental condition in which you have accepted the worst. -- Lin Yutang