mounting a ceiling air filter

Just brought my first Rotex sander and the CT22 home. Looking forward to not having to wear the dual cartridge mask while sanding. Unfortunately the plunge saw was back ordered. I've got a Laguna sliding table and it still looks easier to cut sheet goods with the plunge saw then trying to muscle 3/4" plywood around.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

I've got a Kreg K3. Know if the adapter came from Kreg or Festool (or perhaps some other source)? If you're not sure, I'll ping Leon.

Reply to
Upscale

I found this adapter that looks like it may do 2-1/2" to Festool. I guess I'll take measurements when I'm at WoodCraft tomorrow. Dust collection gizmos are always such a pain.

Reply to
krw

Crap, sent too soon.

krw

And you'll be gl### reporting back later, right! Have fun.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 00:46:49 -0700, "Lobby Dosser"

Not reporting back just yet. My ride was over an hour late picking me up because of all the damned G20 demonstrations which meant that I wouldn't have the time to do everything I needed to do including buying the Domino. Won't be until next Thursday before I get another chance. Today (yesterday actually) was a really bad day for me.

Reply to
Upscale

I'm not sure where he found it, so best ping him.

Reply to
Swingman

Definitely is for me, particularly when you consider that you can get equal accuracy/cut quality with the plunge saw and guide rail.

Since I batch cut cabinet parts, and if I didn't have a table saw, I would definitely want the parallel guide system as well.

This appears to be a fair review of that item:

Swingman

which I did bring home. I'll have to take a look at the stops though as they look handy. Hopefully I'll get the saw in the next week. Have some home projects to finish up and it will be nice to cut some pieces right where I'm working without quite as much mess. Thanks for the link.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

I found last night that my hoses from an older sears shop vac will plug right into the CT22 inlet which means I can use it with many of my other tools that I adapted to the 1 1/4" hose or 2"

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

I just wasn't going to drop that kind of coin for just casual hobby work. If I want to cut anything ultra accurate or scroll-type work, I still have my CNC. This jigsaw won't see much work other than a serious bathroom renovation which is due to start in a week or so. I bought 4 sheets of 36 x 48 x 1/4" Corian to use as shower stall and a sheet of 30 x 144 x 1/2 to make the window sill and a countertop, all matching in colour. Dunno what to do with the floor yet, and *I* never knew one could drop a grand on a crapper.... which I refused to do. I have enough projects (bar and built-in entertainment centre for the family room, wrap-around veranda for the front of the house, including sun-filtering pergolas (yay CNC) and a 2-1/2 car garage.)

Reply to
Robatoy

"Swingman" wrote

pony up and buy more Festools than he has? After all, its a competition, right?

He obviously uses the tools. And his comments are relevant to folks who make their living with their tools.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

LOL ... I'm getting there. If the job requires it I've never balked at purchasing tools that increase productivity. At this point if Festool has it and the job requires it, the job is going to pay for it. :)

Ayup ... and Festool is uncannily designed for on-site accuracy and increased productivity. I'm seeing more and more trim carpenters with the tell tale Systainers in the back of pickups and vans.

Reply to
Swingman

And, for anyone looking to expand their systainer set or otherwise interested, Lee Valley Tools sells a wide variety of Systainer Boxes, Drawer Systainers, Systainer Dolly, Polystyrene trays, Foam inserts, Mini Systainers and accessories, Systainer sets, A 3 sided lid insert.

Upscale