MOTORIZED SURFBOARD - PDF

Not my thing, something like this and water that has fish large enough to take large bites out of me - and be willing to do so. I recently found out that bull sharks can stand fresh water, and have been found hundreds of miles up river, in rivers that connect to the ocean. One found just south of St Louis. Scary. My in water experiences are now restricted to lakes, swimming pools, and the bathtub.

JOAT I am not paranoid. I do not "think" people are after me. I "know" damn well they're after me.

Reply to
J T

The guy is wearing a shirt so you can't see the propellor scars on his back from ski boats running over him.

But with an electric motor, you could use that thing to sneak around the bay at night and slip onto yacht parties.

Reply to
boorite

Thanks JOAT, I cross posted the link to my windsurfing news group. Our biggest gripe is what to do when the wind dies. Although this would not be a good plaform for a high performance windsurfing rig it looks like it would help out in the doldrums. Thanks again for this.

Marc (PS, I once windsurfed around Martha's Vineyard - it's 58 miles around, took 8 hours, 49 minutes and others have done it in a lot less time with more wind. Thought a lot about sharks while I was out there.)

J T wrote:

Reply to
marc rosen

Tue, Sep 19, 2006, 6:53pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@qis.net (marc=A0rosen) doth proclaieth: (PS, I once windsurfed around Martha's Vineyard - it's 58 miles around, took 8 hours, 49 minutes and others have done it in a lot less time with more wind. Thought a lot about sharks while I was out there.)

When I read the 8 hours, 49 minute, the first thought I had, and it's stuck in my mind ever since. What if you had to go to the bathroom out there? Yeah, I know, you probably wore a wet suit. That's gross enough, taking a leak in your suit, which I imagine you did. I don't think I'd want to be sailing anywhere in the vicinity with you dropping trou. I'll probably have that vision in my mind for days. Urgh. You happy now?