Motor start wiring question

I have just acquired the Shop Fox 220V remote dust collector switch and have changed the plug and outlet to the ones we use here in New Zealand.
My dust collector is a Holytek with an induction motor and has a momentary contact "on" switch and I need it to go on as soon as power is supplied from the remote switch.
I could rewire the switch on the DC such that it looks like the the on switch is constantly pushed but will that be bypassing the starting capacitor or otherwise not be a good practice?