Motor of my radial arm saw won't start

I was stupidly cutting a warped piece of pine the other day and bound up the blade of my Craftsman radial arm saw. Must not have gotten the power off in time, because now it won't start. Didn't smell any smoke or burning electrical wirings, but now there isn't even a hum, shudder, anything when I try to turn it on. As I'm not well versed in electrical motors, I was wondering if anyone has any idea what's wrong. Switch? Motor windings? Start-up capacitor? Flux capacitor? Luckily I was almost finished with the construction phase of my current project, so I won't be needing to make cross cuts for a week or so. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Jason
"jace" wrote in message

Hopefully there is a thermal reset switch/button on the motor ... look for one. They often get sticky with sawdust and grime and have to coaxed back into action by exercising them.
Good luck.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/6/06
"Swingman" wrote in message

Forgot to mention to check your circuit brk'r first.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/6/06
jace wrote:

Many motors have built in thermal cutouts. If this one does, resetting it is all that's needed. Should be on the motor housing somewhere. May be recessed.