MOSTLY OT - VON DUTCH'S GM TRANSI BUS

http://www.mrsharkey.com/busbarn/vondutch/vondutch.htm
But, for those of you who don't know who he was, and/or want a woodworking connection, sroll down to the picture of the overhead cabinet.
JT Thnx for the post! Those of who lived the "50"s" and were/are gearheads remember "Dutch" well! Bill

What about today ? I'd never heard of Von Dutch until a year or so ago. Now the logo is all over T shirts worn by chav mallrats and the usual teentrash - it's like Tommy Hilfiger or Burberry.
There's even an ironic version with "Von Chav" printed on it.
Real Bummer! the "Von Dutch Touch" was a sign of being on top of it "back then". I have a "flying eyeball" tee shirt that has never been worn. Done by "Big Daddy Ed Roth" at the Goodguys Show in Dallas about 10 years ago. Prized possession! Bill

Mon, Feb 21, 2005, 4:50am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (BillHall) says: JT Thnx for the post! Those of who lived the "50"s" and were/are gearheads remember "Dutch" well!
I used to have some links to info on him, but don't know what happened to them. One of my favorites is the Mercedes 300 coupe he flamed. I understand that ticked off a LOT of the sports car types. Amazing some of the stuff he made, and the quality of it all.