Most useless power tool you own?

Page 3 of 6

Want another one?

No thanks :) ... The postage (Brisbane Australia) would exceed even lits price! Besides, nowadays what I cant do with my new Ryobi, I do by hand! :)
Mekon
I gotta go with the rotozip again...
2nd place would be this cheap skil sawz-all hybrid thing that moved too slow and had no power.
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:49:39 GMT, "patrick conroy"

Interesting, as I have one and have used the heck out of it on small pieces that my 6" ROS would gouge or just plain couldn't reach.
Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin
A craftsman sheet sander (1972 vintage purchased new). It made so much noise and sanded so poorly, I just put it away. I just ordered a PC speedboc to make up for that mistake.
Bob
I once had a cabinet job that included two large units with a lot of surface area. I wanted to apply polyurethane but hated brushing. I bought a Wagner airless sprayer at Sears. Read the instructions (I think) and proceeded to spray less than half a quart of the stuff on the work and the rest on me and the ground. My hand also went to sleep holding it. I was pretty pissed off. I took it back to Sears and they gave me my money back. max

proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

Lucky SOB. I kept trying mine for years and ended up running over with a Front End Loader. That was the best I ever had from it.

And THAT reminds me of some 'special' edition Simonize High Pressure sprayer/washer.. it's a blue thing..looks like a Hoover Vac. So many were retuned to Canadian Tire, that 90% of all the boxes were opened and taped shut... then a 'refurbished' sale had 20 of them..and nobody wanted them at half the price...... I guess it wasn't performing as advertised.
Sorta-kinda like the PC profile sander.

Yup.. know it well. Still a source for much laughter during 'What NOT to buy' seminars. The paper stays stationary whilst the sander body vibrates like a sunnvabitch till your hand swells up. Narry a scuff upon thyne work surface.
A TRUE contender for The Hall Of Crap, but too hilarious to throw out.
*chuckling at the thought*
Rob

Screwed up my shoulder and elbow enough to cost me 6 months of golf, due to the tendenitis. It's still around here somewhere, but I put it in the box of tools designated as the ones the kids can use and loan out.
Should have just chucked it...
Patriarch

For my 40th birthday a friend gave me a hammer with a power cord. That thing never did work right. In fact, it never ran at all. I changed the fuses, tried grounded outlets, everything. It's been sitting there for more than 20 years now. Do you think it might be 220v?
Bob

Bob:
It's a Polish Power Hammer.
You ain't never gonna be able to use it, cause you're German.
Pawlowski prolly has the manual.
(watson - who already knows that the Poles invented whiskey so the Irish wouldn't take over the world - so don't bother)
{don't tell me them Pollaks ain't smart - I married one - er...wait a minute}
<watson - who just checked with his own personal Pollak and she says that she knows a lot of Pollak jokes - but only one Irish one - and she married it - ...sigh>

Hey! My busia (grandmama) was a Potryzbowski! My Grandpapa was part Trepczyk (although he never admitted it).

The word "whiskey" is derived from the Gaelic. The Irish invented it themselves.

This would seem to prove the opposite--that the Irish are smarter than the Poles. Nah.

I like this woman.
Bob
220v & 3 phase Joe
Bob Schmall wrote:

Iz dat one a dem zen koan things?
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:40:08 -0600, Bob Schmall wrote:

X-acto rotary tool. Came out when Dremel was just hitting the market. Has a 1/16" collet with runout of 1/8"...
--
"Keep your ass behind you"
vladimir a t mad scientist com
Australopithecus scobis wrote:

All of my older plug-in electric drills. Ever since the rechargeable ones have become decent the old plug in ones are a pain and not worth the trouble....
Rob Gray wrote:

Hah. The rechargeable ones are a lot more decent than they used to be, but a tailed drill will run as long as civilization holds out, *and* it will wrap about 2' of chain link fence around a bulb augur. Try that with a cordless. :)
(Neighbor didn't notice the interesting job I did re-weaving his fence.)
My most useless (or, the least used of anything I ever bought) would have to be the PC profile sander. I bought the accessories too so now I have more than just the profile sander just sitting there.
My wife says anything not used for at least two years is useless and should be thrown out. But, next week I might need it - right :O)
Pack Rat
Keith wrote:

Ain't true for mens clothes either.