Most often used stationary tools

In my shop the top used stationary tools are:
1) Drill press 2) Table saw 3) Router table 4) Band saw 5) Scroll saw
Which is the extent of my stationary tools. What does your list look like?
R. Pierce Butler wrote:

Here's my list. The first four are the most used, and I'm not sure what order they should be listed in:
1) 10" Table saw 2) 14" Band saw with riser block 3) Oscillating drum sander 4) 12" Drill Press 5) 6 x 36" Belt/Disk sander 6) 10/20" Drum sander 7) 13" planer 8) 9" Radial arm saw (actually, I never use this any more)
--Steve
R. Pierce Butler wrote:

1) Free standing drill press 2) Cabinet Saw 3) Belt (48x6") and Disk (9") Sander 4) Router Table 5) Flap Sanding Machine 6) Router Table 7) Scroll Saw 8) Lathe 9) Band Saw 10) Borer 11)Thicknesser and of course the compressor is on from the moment I enter the shed till lights out. The Dust collector also gets a fair bit of use along with the vacuum cleaner.
Regards John
Is my Shop-Vac a stationary power tool ?? :)
I think my time when working solid wood would be as follows:
1/ bandsaw 2/ jointer 3/ tablesaw 4/ drillpress
If I'm working sheet stock then the bandsaw and jointer don't enter into the equation much. Thickness planer would be on the list but I'm waiting to get 230 volts in my basement shop... for now, the armstrong planes are still in play.
R. Pierce Butler wrote:

Dust Collector Cabinet Saw Router Table Band Saw Jointer OSS, now stationary Drill Press Lathe

14" lathe
bandsaw
drill press
10" lathe
cutoff saw
Belt/disk sander
router table
RAS
That's assuming that the grinder and belt grinder wouldn't be "stationary" tools... if you included them for sharpening, they'd probably be the 2nd or 3rd on the list... Mac
1. workbench 2. DC (on wheels) 3. table saw 4. jointer 5. drill press 6. miter saw 7. compressor (on wheels) 8. band saw (on wheels) 9. router table 10. lathe
On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 04:24:43 GMT, "R. Pierce Butler"

R. Pierce Butler wrote:

2. Table Saw 3. 12" Miter Saw built into a 20' workbench 4. Pocket hole machine 5. Face frame table
In appropriate order of usage
1. 12" Table Saw 2. 24" Thicknesser 3. 14" Jointer 4. 16" Radial Arm 5. 6' linisher 6. 10' X 12" Lathe 7. Spindle moulder X 2 8. Tennoner 9. Chisel Mortiser 10. 14" Bandsaw 11. 17" Bandsaw 12. Oscilatting Drum Sander 13. Router Table 14. Scroll Saw

"R. Pierce Butler" wrote ...

1st Radial Arm Saw: all solid stock first gets rough cut to length, also finish cut to length here.
2nd Table Saw: most solid and all sheet stock ends up here eventually.
3rd Jointer: solid stock before thicknessing & thicknessed boards for a jointed edge before finish width is cut on table saw.
4th Planer: many pases on many boards takes some time here.
5th Bandsaw: all bowl blanks, resawing, radius door parts, radius aprons, and cyma curved stretchers come through here.
6th Lathe: table legs, finials, bowls, columns, spindles
7th Everything Else: scroll saws, drill press, oscillating spindle sander, belt & disc sander, engraver, grinder, buffer.
-- Timothy Juvenal www.tjwoodworking.com
snipped-for-privacy@tjwoodworkingnospamming.com says...

Much the same here, except I have no table saw at all.
Frequency of powerswitch on/off: 1: radial arm 2: bandsaw + dust extractor (one operational unit in this shop) 3: over and under joiner/thicknesser 4: lathe 5: drillpress and grinder
Hours of use: 1: over and under joiner/thicknesser 2: bandsaw 3: lathe 4: radial arm saw     (rarely takes more than a few seconds; minutes at best for roughing lap      joints)
-P.
Depends on what I'm into at the time.
THE MOST used in terms of time is the JoinTech Cabinet Maker System - router table with precision positionable fence that has replaceable zero clearance fence inserts. Use it with templates for through and half blind dovetails, finger/box joints, sliding dovetail joints, dados, rabbets/ rebates, cope & stick/raised panels, chamfers, round over-ing, making molding, beading, fluting, ....
Spend more actual time on a JET mini/midi VS lathe than on the following which are used for stock prep
1. 12" SCMS - chop stuff up to approx length for stock prep and final length or mitering. Use stops to get parts that are supposed to be the same length to actually be the same length (can't make rectangular things from trapezoidal parts) 2. 12" joiner/jointer - one face flat then one edge straight and square to flat face 3. 12" planer - get the other face flat and parallel to the first flat face 4. 10" table saw - rip to width
Did four bonsai display tables last so spent a LOT of time on M&T.
5. Mortising machine or mortising jig and router depending on whether I'm going with through tenons or loose tenon M&T.
If I get into resawing then it's a lot of time on the bandsaw followed by the drum sander.
So what gets used the most varies with the project.
charlie b
Sun, Aug 6, 2006, 4:24am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@google.com doth burble: (R.PierceButler) In my shop the top used stationary tools are: 1) Drill press 2) Table saw 3) Router table 4) Band saw 5) Scroll saw Which is the extent of my stationary tools. What does your list look like?
Let's see now. You want to tell what your top used stationary tools are - and then proceed to list every stationary tool you own. What kinda sense does that make?
Anyway, I've got you beat, I've got all those, plus a lathe, grinder, belt/disc sander, and a planer. Nyah.
JOAT Politician \Pol`i*ti"cian\, n. Latin for career criminal
OK I'll jump in too. As to which is used most I don't know, depends on what I'm working on at the time. They all get used. Table saw Router Table with storage for extra routers Radial Arm Saw Drill press x 2 Lathe Air Compressor Miter Saw O S Sander Belt/Disc sander Band Saw Dust Collector Jointer Scroll Saw Grinder Work bench x 2

On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 04:24:43 GMT, "R. Pierce Butler"
My list
1== Dust collector and compressor 2.Drill press 3. Bandsaw 4 Thicknesser. 5.Scrollsaw 6. Router 7. Jointer 8. Sanders x 2
Only the first 3 are in order, not much to separate the others.
On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 07:40:08 +1200, Barry Lennox

My list:
1: tablesaw 2. drill press 3. lathe/mill 4. bandsaw 5. planer 6. RAS 7. grinder 8. stereo