Most important adjustment:

Page 3 of 3
On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 13:22:53 -0400, "<<<__ Bb __>>>"

Any person who finds it necessary pontificate his political opinion with *every* message has very little credibility as far as most are concerned.
"<<<__ Bb __>>>" wrote:

Yes, but what is your point?

Just so you know, 55 years of experience or not, you are shouting at damn-fine woodworker.
On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 11:54:41 -0400, "<<<__ Bb __>>>"

That's a pretty misleading statement Bob. NOTHING is ever perfectly parallel when it really comes down to it, but you can fine tune parallel cutting enough that errors reach the diminishing return stage.
With my old Rockwell Beaver contractor's saw and an aftermarket Excalibur fence on it, I can cut parallel strips of plywood to repeatable 1/64" tolerances. While not absolutely perfect, it is certainly sufficient for all of the cabinet making that I do or have ever done.

I wouldn't say I was a wood pro, but I did cut a board last night.
One of the things I've found essential to making a straight accurate rip on the TS is keeping the board tight to the fence. It's easy to let the board wander that little bit and then the cut is either undersized or wavy.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Got a splitter?
Put it on.
With the fence, table top (miter slot), and blade parallel, the splitter will protect you from kickback and help keep the stock running straight and against the fence.
The most common cause of a trapezoidal stock cut on the table saw is a poorly setup saw (one or more of the above parameters off).
--
www.ewoodshop.com

I agree with the other posters. Also, the board may bend away or toward the fence, while cutting, by virtue of stresses in the board being released and/or moisture release, contributing the board bending as it's cut, especially with air dried lumber.
You say you have this problem cutting a panel. A plywood panel? A regular board as being the "panel"? Identify your "panel", specifically.
Do you have this problem with all your wood cutting?
Sonny
Hi Sonny I should have said plywood. I did some adjustment to my fence and squared up saw blade to miter slots on the table. What a difference , cuts like a charm I guess I got sloppy in my old age. Thanks for the help guys.
Sal

On 8/12/2012 6:59 AM, sal wrote:

Great!, keep in mind also that plywood sheets can be heavy and often are not perfectly flat. Those characteristics tend to add to the difficulty in achieving a good cut.
On 8/11/2012 9:11 AM, sal wrote:

So Sal, did you ever dream that this post would take this turn? LOL
Sorry for all the confusion and havoc on your post. Glad to know that you have solve the problem.
Hi Leon I never dreamed I would cause such a kafuffle,this could have resulted in a real Donnybrook.I've been called S--- disturber before in an offhand way. I did learn quite bit and hope nobody has any grudges or animosity because of the post. I always say ""Have a nice day somewhere else"".
Sal

On 8/14/2012 7:28 AM, sal wrote:

Sal you are in no way responsible for me being hooked by the troll. I claim half the responsibility for even responding to him.