Most durable poly for floors??

Is there a brand of poly that is generally regarded as the most durable for wood floors? Thanks for you input. Vic

Reply to
vic

I've got 6 gallons of Bona Kemi MEGA left over from my recent (4000 sq ft) job. Also got a gallon of Bonaseal (sealer). It's good stuff, and just below the commercial grade they use in malls and stores. If you are interested ($38 per gallon)let me know.

Len

Reply to
l-lopez

Yes, but it's not poly. Poly is certainly usable (i.e. people use it) but I'd never use it mysefl. Look at acid cure formaldehyde resins instead. They're water-white, easy to apply (absolutely stink though) and they're furniture-standing hard in a couple of hours.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Do you have some brands?

Reply to
J. Clarke

UK brands only - I use Rustins Floorcoat, and they also do a Bar Top finish that's heat resistant too.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

A quick Google doesn't find any US brands, possibly due to formaldehyde hysteria--we really need a Steed and Mrs. Peel to go after _our_ Fear Merchants.

Reply to
J. Clarke