Most dangerous tool in shop

I do mine in black-n-blue. That way, they always match! lol

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©

Having read most of the responses - the most dangerous tool in the shop has got to be the "unused mind."

Jums

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 05:13:06 GMT, "Mike Hide" pixelated:

That wouldn't _quite_ be true, Mikey. I do have just a few more tools.

- - Let Exxon send their own troops -

Comprehensive Website Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

In many cases, I would have to say the nut that presses the power switch.

Pete

Reply to
PJS

IMHO, this whole thread boils down to the old saw about " the most dangerous part of a car is the nut holding the steering wheel",as these type replies seem to be the majority. Bye, Nahmie

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:34:56 GMT, "Jim Mc Namara" Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

i have to admit,,,i have a thing for watching it bubble...

*sniff*

"my name is Traves, and im a gorrillaholic"

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

The classical description of the causative factor for most automobile accidents, _particularly_ the one-car variety, is:

"loose nut behind the wheel"

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

I can't even come up with a good smartass thing to say. Just gack.

Reply to
Silvan

I have to admit. I get very giggly when I see someone using a sharp pen-knife, or screwdriver to force something. Its not funny exactly, but a feeling of hysteria sets in when I see their hand begin to tremble, jamming the the small metal object at whatever they're working on. I can't NOT watch it, but I feel like covering my eyes still.

And invariably it ends up with the implement slipping forward, and the person grabs one hand or the other tightly to stop the bleeding. Sometimes it just results in a bad blood blister or torn off finger nail...

Rule of thumb. If you have ANYTHING in your hand that you are applying force to, and any part of you, or the tool begins trembling, start over and find a better way...

Reply to
David Binkowski

Reply to
Ramsey

Me too. I have a tiny sliver of swarf embedded somewhere deep inside my left foot, and an ugly place on my right foot where I dropped not one, not two, but three box end wrenches off the workbench and right onto my foot.

I should definitely wear boots in the shop, but I have to wear boots professionally, and I tend to wear my comfortable shoes--sandals or mocasins--at home, logic be damned. Putting on my boots to go to the shop feels too much like work.

Reply to
Silvan

Nothing was wrong with the grammar per se. Just the spelling. I could believe a doctor wrote it. Doctors are not, in my experience, any more inclined to be literate than bankers.

Agreed. I've had occasion to stick a softball in my pants. (Don't ask.) That's about the size of a grapefruit. It was difficult to fasten them. If I tried to put something twice that size in there, there's no way I could get them on.

Agreed. Rather like someone getting hit in the chest with a blast from a

12-gauge and flying 15 feet straight backwards and knocking a pinball machine through a plate glass window. Yeah, right.

This is where getting picky about people's grammar always bites one in the ass. That masterfully crafted last sentence of yours is just screaming for someone to step up and correct it.

Mind you, I don't really care. I've seen "alot" worse. I'm just pointing out that correcting someone's "grammar" (spelling, actually, in this case; and he also forgot at least one apostrophe) while making such an egregious mistake is a recipe for some smartass like me stepping up to put you in your place. :)

I'll give you a chance to correct yourself before I break out the red pencil. ;)

There's really no telling unless you go to the hospital in question, break into their records, and try to comb through them until you find the actual case notes. I agree with you that it's a souped up story at best, but there might or might not be a large grain of truth to it.

Reply to
Silvan

since you are the word police, let's get YOU caught up on proper spelling: "alot" should have been "a lot".

there.

feel better?

no?

don't you just hate it when somebody out smart-asses you!

:) relax, I'm just jerking your chain!

BTW, don't mention to me I don't capitalize the first words of a sentence. I'm a lazy typist.

dave

Silvan wrote: snip

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

pssssss - that's why he had it in quotes.

Reply to
Steve

so why did he have grammar in quotes too.

BTW, "psssss" should have ended with a "t"

GOTCHA!

DAVE

Steve wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

It is.

Reply to
CW

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:36:59 -0400, Silvan pixelated:

Lace up some steeltoed shoes for slip-on use and get the benefit of both safety and convenient comfort.

Or you could always tack 1" medium-density strips of foam to the top of your sandals, Sport.

- - - Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever. ---

Website Application Programming for YOU!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Paramedics showed up across the street a couple of weeks ago. They treated the young man (early 20's) for a puncture wound to the inner thigh (yeah, about 2" away from the jewels). Turns out he was trying to separate frozen ravioli with a knife.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

That's why I put it in quotes, so nyah! :)

Just as long as you don't suddenly decide to become "kewl" and start using "u" as a subject pronoun we'll get along fine.

Reply to
Silvan

Walked away from the monitor with my hands deep in my pockets on that one ... thanks for the mental image.

Reply to
Swingman