Mortising Machines

Page 2 of 2
"Russell" wrote in message

It's been a while, but I am fairly certain it was the 16S? ... that is not to say that there is another model available in the US by now.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/13/04

thew...the PM20 is a lot more capable than the pm16.The head moves in all plains and can cut 20mm mortises no problem. have a look.Its sometimes so bizzare the difference between european and American style tools/machines.just look at the threads over saw fences and such like
http://www.euronet.nl/users/beetle/pm20.jpg
Russell

FWIW I got a PM20 from GarrettWade several years ago and have found it to be well worth the additional cost. When it arrived on a truck the driver said,"the crate looks a little rough." Rough, indeed, the crate was completely broken off the top and a real mess. It looked like it had been dropped on its top, the mortiser was exposed and dented. Most people would not have accepted it, but I did, with the idea if the mortiser was damaged badly I could just send it back. The top cover of the mortiser showed obvious damage. Anyhows, I set up the thing, cutting my hand on one of the very sharp chisels and it worked fine. I called Garrett-Wade and got a top cover shipped, pronto, and now it looks just great and works super. Larry
--
Lawrence L'Hote
Columbia, MO

mortises.