Mortising Machines

LOL, My Pinto didn't!

Reply to
Bill

Maybe break is right with the HF tools.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I let my boys (6 and 8) use most of my hand tools, including a couple LN saws and my tuned block and bench planes. One notable exception is that I bought them a Stanley tool box saw as my full size rip and cross cut saws were just too big. There are a few tools that they use but only for short durations though as they are too big... see ABPW for an example.

When they realize poor results from using crappy tools they give up. When they get results that look pretty much like mine they keep going. The one type of tool where they really see the difference are the block and bench planes... big curls is where it's at! They also notice it with hand saws--that little Stanley I bought them cuts pretty good, see ABPW for an example.

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

That happens but at least I know where my pipe threader is - and my portaband - and my 1/2" drill - and my four wheeler - and my tractor - and my Ruger .22 - and my Walther .380 - Dang - Better check and see if anything is left. :-)

Reply to
Tom