Mortising machine

Good day, I'm looking to buy a good valued Mortising Machine with extras and a good price . I'm from canada and around $200.00 is resonable. Please help thank you

Reply to
jasonmahoney

Get a Jet for $200 US or a Delta for $250 US. Or try to find a used one. I've never seen one advertised in our local paper though.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 14:23:00 GMT, "jasonmahoney" scribbled:

Greetings, After years of using my drill press with the mortising attatchment, I bought the Jet machine for $200. No more shank pulling out of of the drill press trying to get the bit out. With the Jet, setup is a breeze, saves vasts amounts of time. And one thing I like, although you must bolt it to a bench to do it, the head will pivot 90 degrees to mortise thick pieces of wood. Great machine. JohnBoy

Reply to
Johnboy

Try TEGSTOOLS.com

They're located in Hamilton, but I know they do mail order. One of the guys there told me that their Delta Mortisers were actually cheaper than some of the nock-off brands (like King). Give their Upper James store an email and see what you can come up with.

Brian

Reply to
B Man