Mortising Kit recommendations for GMC LS13DP

in the least can someone what is the diameter of the Quill? and/or recommend a mortise kit attachment for it???

ts

Reply to
130.81.64.196

The quill is the metal cylinder that holds the chuck and you see it travel down to drilling. From what I have found in my own searching of recent as a "newby" is the smallest size quill (in diameter) that will accept the attachment is 38mm, you'll need a basic vernier caliper to measure it. Most that you can find new or used should fit any basic stand or bench drill press. Made by both Jet and Delta. If anyone else knows what other companies make mortising attachments, I'd like to know, please. That one is a very hard search on the 'net.

Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK

Thanks, I've looked at both just couldn't match up the specs between both to see if compatible. It looks like they're made to be mated to various drill's so most likely will work and really couldn't find any other then Delta & Jet. I got that quill down now.

I'm making some furniture and initially really had the hot's to get the mortising kit, but fustrated went out and bought wood chisels. Not too bad, got it down to 10 minutes per hole.

Thanks, Again!

Joe

Reply to
130.81.64.196

It should work fine if you can loosen the quill position locking [mechanism - nut] and reposition it to accomodate the attachment, then re-tighten it. It's only this: The quill size has to be compatible.

Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK

Well now that I know what the quill is and the diameter, I should be able to figure it out now. I downloaded the manual for the Delta. I do understand that they appear to shim for smaller diameters, so I'll measure it, check the specs and buy it, in the least I'll take it back to home-depot...........................Thanks, Again

Reply to
130.81.64.196