Mortising bits

I am looking for good quality mortising bits that cut in the reverse direction of normal router, drill bits. Does anyone have a source for these bits in the Toronto, Canada area, or even a source that does mail order? If it makes any difference they are for the mortising attachment for a Minimax FS30 Jointer/Planer.

Thanks for your help,

Blair

Reply to
Blair

Try a machine shop supply house. You're looking for "end mills".

Laguna tools also carries long, "reverse direction" mortising bits.for the horizontal mortising unit they sell. Their Robland X31 combinnation machine needed them becuase the mortising chuch is on the end of the jointer/planer cutter head. Robland subsequently put a reverse switch on the jointer/ planer/mortiser head and took care of that quirk.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Thanks for the info Charlie, I knew their had to be a name for the bits. My jointer/planer has the same set up as the Robland I guess, but as it is single phase, the only way I could reverse the direction of the motor would be a frequency drive and thats would cost a lot more than the end mills

Thanks again Charlie,

Blair

Reply to
Blair