Mortiser Question

I previously posted getting the Shop Fox mortiser at a auction yesterday. One question, it came with a 3/4 bit mounted in it. The chisel and bit are dull and I was going to order the sharpening stones from Lee Valley for the chisel but how do you go about sharpening the auger bit. Thanks
--
Mike S.
snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net

On Tue, 25 May 2004 10:15:31 GMT, "Frank McVey"

As Frank said, carefully. While you're at Lee Valley, pick up one of their auger bit files. They're specially made for that use and have teeth only on the correct sides for each task. One side has teeth on the flats and none on the edges, one has teeth on the edges but not the flats. This helps you from filing off portions of the root or the spurs. I think they're $8.50USD.
========================================================= I drank WHAT? + http://www.diversify.com --Socrates + Web Application Programming