Mortise/tennon question

Page 2 of 2
I still can't justify $800 for $30 in materials and maybe $50 in machining time.

"Richards" < snipped-for-privacy@xmission.com> wrote in message
Neither could I but I thought the topic of discussion was the leigh jig. Which one are you talking about?

The Leigh M & T jig.

"CW" < snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net> wrote in message
Unless it's made in China, not at those prices.

Oh no! Real woodworkers never use expensive machines or jigs. The test the hell out of them but when it comes to the real thing they only use saws, chisles and the occasional shark skin sandpaper.
Why, I understand that they don't even use glue. Their work fits so closely that they get some kind of molecular bond.
mJ

You jest, yet I just attended a seminar where the presenter took his chair apart, put it back together, then sat in it and fielded questions. No glue. No screws. No nails. Just good joinery. I'm not talking wobbly either. I felt it. It was rock solid. The presenter was Yeung Chan and the chair was a replica Ming Dynasty chair done with all Chinese style joinery. All but one of the joints is done with about 90% power tools. You have to see it to believe it.
Cheers, Eric