Mortise and Tenon cutter purchase advice

I want to buy a set of three to six mortise and tenon cutters to make some furniture and things.
Anyone have any suggestions on a good brand?
Caveats?
Do some have better replacement blades and better prices on them? What about longevity?
Sites would be appreciated. I have Googled a lot on this, and there are a lot out there. I just would like to buy a quality set that would:
Last be easy to get replacement blades for do a good job have good metal so they don't wear out fast have any other good qualities I don't know about yet.
TIA
Steve

What are you asking about? Hand chisels for motises? Chisels for a mortising machine or what brands of mortising machines themselves?
Upscale wrote:

Since machine mortise bit/chisel sets don't cut tenons and neither do mortising chisels, I'm guessing he's talking about router bits - possibly for the Leigh FMT (in which case, money should be no object to him) or the Trend M&T jig. Given that assumption - Whiteside router bits have a good reputation.
charlie b
SteveB wrote:

Fine woodworking Mag just did an article on them. (?? I think) We just moved so my mag collection is awol or I would find the article.
I remember that there were some clear winners -- in some respects.

Sure Steve, glad to help. This is all you'll need:
http://www.djmarks.com/multirouter.asp
Oh, and a router and a few bits. But that's all.
Dan
SteveB wrote:

[snip]
If you want a bench top mortiser (most common), I have the Delta and am satisfied with that. You can google this news group and find lots of recent discussions on it. IIRC the General was another favorite.
I also have the Delta tenoning jig for the table saw which works quite well, even on my PM66. If I am doing just a few tenons, I will do them on the RAS which is also acceptable. There are lots of plans for home made tenoning jigs for the TS. Again google this group.     mahalo,     jo4hn
Again, I want to make rustic furniture where you take round pieces of wood, and sharpen them on the end to make a round tenon.
I am not making the regular mortise and tenon that has right angles, and can be made on a table saw.
This style uses round pieces of wood with the bark still on it.
Sorry I was not very clear.
I am learning.
Steve
SteveB said:

Try this:
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?c=1&pB299&cat=2,2180,41007
Other vendors carry similar tools. Haven't used any of them, so I can't comment. FWIW,
Greg G.

Thanks, Greg. Exactly what I am looking for. Just wondered if anyone had experience enough with these to say which were some of the best brands.
Steve

Oh, those.
Actually I wasn't aware there was more than one company making those things.
Just saw this: http://tinyurl.com/c6sxn at Rockler
Quentin.