mortise and tennon instruction

Hi all, Newbie in Yucaipa here...
I want to build a sofa table for the wife...but it's all mortise and tennon. So, I anticipate quite a bit of practice on scrap lumber. Anyone recommend a book or other resource on how to do these very basic joints?
Thanks,
JG
Just watch a few episodes of the New Yankee Workshop. Norm does mortise and tenon joinery just about every episode. It just takes practice. I still can't do them perfectly.

Just watch a few episodes of the New Yankee Workshop. Norm does mortise and tenon joinery just about every episode. It just takes practice. I still can't do them perfectly.

1) Fine Woodworking magazine has had numerous articles on the subject; see:
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/pages/fw_feat_joiner.asp
for some articles. Search the index for others.
2) There are lots of books out there (Tage Frid Teaches Woodworking, etc.).
-JBB

Wrote a book about those 2 connections. See the http://www.patwarner.com/info_special.html link. Would recommend another source (eg B&N) but I am the only holder of the text. *************************************************************************

Hi Jonathan,
Couple of Neander sites:
Geoff's site:
http://www.geoffswoodwork.co.uk/menu.htm