Mortices with a router

Page 2 of 2

I have some of the Sears tool-free collets--I hardly ever use them unless I'm working with matched pairs of bits--for that they're _very_ handy because the cutting height stays put across bit changes--I don't even have to raise the router in the lift. Getting them adjusted in the first place is a pain though. Looking at the things doesn't inspire confidence but in practice they work fine.

The soft start is convenient but not a must have. No 120 volt router on the market would be unmanageable without it. There is no weight or size penalty for 1/2" collet. I have a PC 690 that is easily managed with one hand and it will take a 1/2" colet. The majority of routers these days use separate collets for different shank sizes rather than adapter sleeves.

Plastic jig for mortices at the http://patwarner.com/router_morticing.html link. May have some tips there, ******************************************* David Starr wrote:

<<Plastic jig for mortices at the http://patwarner.com/router_morticing.html link.>>
Pat ...
Very nice looking jig. I don't generally comment on spelling but since you are hoping to sell some of these and, presumably, people find you through Google and other search engines, you might get more hits using "mortise" and "mortising," although it's probably not a bad idea to include both spellings in any keyword meta-tags.
Lee