More Woodworking.....Sorry. ;~)

I have been dealing with my father's health issues for the past 6 weeks and have been having to squeeze in the work of the curio cabinets when I can.

Anyway I will be contacting my glass man tomorrow with measurements for the glass and mirrors. The vack upper cabinets get the mirrors and all the other open spaces get the tempered glass. Then 3 glass shelves in each upper cabinet.

I have a few details to take care of, an adjustable shelf for each bottom cabinet, door bumpers, and plywood backs, but that is the no brainier part of the job.

Reply to
Leon

Impressive work, Clean Shop, and I do envy that! Very nice photo journal of you and your family's work. The quilts are very nice. I like the care and product that comes from such an environment. john

I have been dealing with my father's health issues for the past 6 weeks and have been having to squeeze in the work of the curio cabinets when I can.

Anyway I will be contacting my glass man tomorrow with measurements for the glass and mirrors. The vack upper cabinets get the mirrors and all the other open spaces get the tempered glass. Then 3 glass shelves in each upper cabinet.

I have a few details to take care of, an adjustable shelf for each bottom cabinet, door bumpers, and plywood backs, but that is the no brainier part of the job.

Reply to
jloomis

Thank you John, actually the shop is a disaster. ;~) I'll be getting things back in order this week. I hope.

Reply to
Leon

Nice door detail.

Reply to
woodchucker

Got to touch them last evening. Solid walnut, raised panel, crisp detail.

They are fark'n spectacular.

Reply to
Swingman

On Sun, 02 Mar 2014 13:26:26 -0600, Leon

The look reminiscent of the tower side units that you made for the bedroom.

Reply to
none

Thank you!

Reply to
Leon

Hi! I'm Leon

Thank you. ;~0

Reply to
Leon

Tall. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Impressive, indeed. I always learn something or get some insight from Leon's work.

And John, your work is no slouch either. Very nice landscaping and detailing, etal. --->

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Thank you

He does do impressive work.

Reply to
Leon

I'm curious about the half-round "piping". Firstly, I'm not sure I've seen that design before. Is that a Leon original? Or perhaps I just don't get out enough in the fine furniture world.

Second, how did you go about attaching that molding? Did you use pins or something like that?

Reply to
Greg Guarino

The half round was a design on a client's piece of furniture that I had to match many years ago when I built some pieces for their dining room. I can't take credit for that. :-) I made some spacing jigs to attach/clamp on all 4 sides of each door to index the pieces against and I used Titebond Trim glue and 1/2" long 23 gauge pins to attach until the glue dried. I still need to use a walnut putty stick to cover the pin holes.

Reply to
Leon

Walnut. :-). The vertices side panels are 1/4" walnut plywood. The horizontal top and mid panels are solid walnut.

Thank you Mike.

Reply to
Leon