More Woodworking.....Sorry. ;~)

I have been dealing with my father's health issues for the past 6 weeks and have been having to squeeze in the work of the curio cabinets when I can.
Anyway I will be contacting my glass man tomorrow with measurements for the glass and mirrors. The vack upper cabinets get the mirrors and all the other open spaces get the tempered glass. Then 3 glass shelves in each upper cabinet.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/12885639755/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/12885753673/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/12886083194/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/12885769363/in/photostream/
I have a few details to take care of, an adjustable shelf for each bottom cabinet, door bumpers, and plywood backs, but that is the no brainier part of the job.
Impressive work, Clean Shop, and I do envy that! Very nice photo journal of you and your family's work. The quilts are very nice. I like the care and product that comes from such an environment. john
"Leon" wrote in message
I have been dealing with my father's health issues for the past 6 weeks and have been having to squeeze in the work of the curio cabinets when I can.
Anyway I will be contacting my glass man tomorrow with measurements for the glass and mirrors. The vack upper cabinets get the mirrors and all the other open spaces get the tempered glass. Then 3 glass shelves in each upper cabinet.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/12885639755/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/12885753673/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/12886083194/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/12885769363/in/photostream/
I have a few details to take care of, an adjustable shelf for each bottom cabinet, door bumpers, and plywood backs, but that is the no brainier part of the job.
On 3/2/2014 1:51 PM, jloomis wrote:

Thank you John, actually the shop is a disaster. ;~) I'll be getting things back in order this week. I hope.

On Sunday, March 2, 2014 1:51:20 PM UTC-6, jloomis wrote:

Impressive, indeed. I always learn something or get some insight from Leon's work.
And John, your work is no slouch either. Very nice landscaping and detailing, etal. ---> http://www.delorie.com/wood/abpw/
Sonny
On 3/2/2014 8:47 PM, Sonny wrote:

Thank you

He does do impressive work.
On 3/2/2014 2:26 PM, Leon wrote:

Nice door detail.
--
Jeff

On 3/2/2014 3:42 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Got to touch them last evening. Solid walnut, raised panel, crisp detail.
They are fark'n spectacular.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 3/2/2014 4:00 PM, Swingman wrote:

Hi! I'm Leon
Thank you. ;~0
On 3/2/2014 3:42 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Thank you!

The look reminiscent of the tower side units that you made for the bedroom.

Tall. ;~)
On 3/2/2014 2:26 PM, Leon wrote:

I'm curious about the half-round "piping". Firstly, I'm not sure I've seen that design before. Is that a Leon original? Or perhaps I just don't get out enough in the fine furniture world.
Second, how did you go about attaching that molding? Did you use pins or something like that?

The half round was a design on a client's piece of furniture that I had to match many years ago when I built some pieces for their dining room. I can't take credit for that. :-) I made some spacing jigs to attach/clamp on all 4 sides of each door to index the pieces against and I used Titebond Trim glue and 1/2" long 23 gauge pins to attach until the glue dried. I still need to use a walnut putty stick to cover the pin holes.

Walnut. :-). The vertices side panels are 1/4" walnut plywood. The horizontal top and mid panels are solid walnut.
Thank you Mike.