More Woodworking on the Curio Cabinet

The walnut curio cabinets call for a bunch of 1/4" radius half round moldings. About 48 pieces IIRC This morning I started with two 1x10 walnut boards, 43" and 47" long.

I used a bull nose router bit on my router table to mill both edges of both boards and then I would cut the round portion off of the boards at the TS. I allowed the 1/2 round molding to fall off on the waste side of the blade so I had to precisely adjust the rip fence 3/8" to cut the opposite edge of each board.

So any way, here is what the profile looks like

And the results. I ended up with two 1/2" wide sticks after milling the

1x10 boards and about 50% more moldings than I sould need. Should I make a tambour top now? LOL

Leon

Glue them together and make some dowels.

Reply to
G. Ross

Nope, that's only dogs way of making sure you will eventually have no more on room in your shop to move around. DAMHIKT

(Got a new helper, I don't recognize those shoes? They look like sorta look like something a quilter would wear?) ;)

(And, fercrissakes, Bubba ... the new is off, eh? You're letting that Sawstop get entirely too much sawdust on it!)

Nice work, BTW ... as usual!

Reply to
Swingman

LOL there is that too.

Reply to
Leon

That would be her, she was moving the DC hose from the saw to the router table every 4 passes, 48 in all.

That is a tool not a play pretty. ;~)

Muchie Garcia!

Reply to
Leon