More traffic from Oz, UK?

Yeah but could this car survive more than 6 of our winters, with snow and salt and springs with rust disease running rampant?

N. American vehicles typically rust out after about 8 years, Japanese controlled designs 12-18 years. I think from the few Subarus see around here they tend to fall apart in much less, provided you change the rabbit fur on the seats, every few years.

Have you driven a rust lately? Our Ford admission they have a problem after problem after their 1974 class action suit where they paid all the 1967-1974 owners to drive a "rust tough" POS.

--------------------

Reply to
m II

Me thinks you missed the point of the comedy.

Top rung of ladder says "Not a step!"

It's for the children.

Reply to
m II

Actually oil is topped up (to indicate it full on the dipstick) with unburnt fuel in older cars (carby) hence gets diluted with this fuel over the intervals of the oil changes.

Topping up oil is very unproductive as the sump is still full of fuel.

More modern cars that having efficient injection burns off this excess fuel.

Reply to
Rob

Definitely a keeper, that one!!!

"Goo goo ga joob"

Hook line and sinker.

---------------------

Feel free to rattle Josepi/mII cods if you feel you must but I tell you all of it is only to lead you into being ignored by the wood-whackers, Josepi has no interest in group content, here nor anywhere else.

Reply to
m II

Idiots abound in both groups.

---------------------

Reply to
m II

So why continue the xPosting in responding to "Eric" er..rrr 'mII'/"Josepi" ,the Kanuck that has you (Rob) sucked in?

btw,, matey, your TB is busted. For once Josepi has managed a correctly formatted dlmt line. I tested it , it works. It is your TB that is busted.

Fixing that? afaiaa.. this is the "default" for TB "out of the box" , you gotta go tweak the *.ini file yourself. A post here -->aus.computers may get some tips for you if needed. george

Reply to
George Watson

YMMV.

Either way, Camrys and Subarus are now built in the same plant in Lafayette, IN, about 50 miles down the road from me. Subaru had too much capacity after Isuzu production ended and Toyota needed some way to build more Camrys.

Reply to
Steve

/frown

see what happens when you host a Guggler's post? That idjit followed up on Josepi/Bengi. IOW.. Troll Sap

And now you got roped in.. sheeesh :-/

JMO.. The "Sube" (in the light ute) is an excellent workhorse. Seen many a time when they battled through the dust of my Tojo and were still there at days end. Pretty much "unboggable" too :-}

The cars/SUV(?) aren't as crash hot. We bought one maybe three years ago now. Literally "fell to bits" after some serious auto trans problems with the drive, just dropped in and out of top range at will. We sacked that car and went to a Mazda. Now there is a cost effective midrange vehicle. This looks something like what you would see on your roads??

with walnut woodgrain accouterments too.... just to stay "on topic" george

Reply to
George Watson

On Jul 19, 11:11=A0pm, George Watson wrote: [schnippfered]

tires....well, may she eats tires.

The Tribute is here in Canada and also as a Ford Escape. Identical 'cept trim and badges.

I bought a used 1973 Landcruiser, which immediately made me buy a new one in 1976. Loved that damned thing. Took it waaay into the bush up north many times, canoes on top, mudchains, winch, chainsaws, bug repellant. That was some supercool fishing we did.

Reply to
Robatoy