More lamp material

I have a bug up my butt for building lamps similar to the recent one, and took the time yesterday evening to scout around the woods looking for potential lamp bodies.

I found several pieces that will be great, I'll post pictures in a few days. Duty calls for right now though and I'm off to VA for a several days.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

I've always had a similar bug and recent posts, including the idea of rustic shops and driftwood, has been my focus, lately.

The city of Lafayette recently purchased the local university's 100 acre horse farm and will be making a city park of it. The local Master Gardeners will participate in the landscaping, etc., of the new park, and will have a fund raiser toward this effort:

theme of PlantFest will be Garden and Nature related.

I donated some plants, bulbs and a few pieces of garden decor and they ask if I would display other pieces I've made, found (driftwood and the like), etc. For the past 2 weeks, I've been gathering and prepping an assortment of what I have, to show.

The internet gardening chat room, I visit, wants to see pics, of my items, and a photo portfolio in the works, also.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

The theme of PlantFest will be Garden and Nature related.

All exposure is good, post the portfolio where we can oh and ah at it too.

Still no pics pf my recent collected items, didn't get back in until the wee hours this morning and these 8 hour drives are more tiring than they used to be.

Hope Isaac has been kind to you and yours.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

I see you posted your latest finds on abpw. Those should make for nice lamps.

If I may: Though a piece may not be right for a lamp, it may be a candidate for a boat or bird. One of your finds has a limb knot that is familiar to me. I have found few pine knots suitable, but have found many more cypress knots that are suitable images of boats and birds. For a piece that isn't right for a lamp, turn it sideways and see if resembles something else, like these first few pics:

On your raw find, you usually have to visualize that part of the piece is cut away, to see the remaining image/likeness.

I use to have a fleet of really nice ships. I loan them to an arborist friend, to display in his place of business, and he never returned them.

Isaac didn't affect us. Just a good wind and some rain, not much, and no flooding. It was all east of us. Thanks.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny