More books

Thanks for the nice remarks folks. Freeborn's book is such a treasure and even Freebon tool only had a copy of a copy. It seemed a shame to see it lost. I had a request for other books. The following might be worth considering.

Tom

There is a book "Chisels on the Wheel" by Effner that is supposed to be very good. I can't find a copy. If you find two let me know, please.

Some books that are highly recommended and generally considered worth purchasing are Circular Saws by Eric Stephenson Fundamentals of Tool Design from SME Saws by Williston Machinery's Handbook from Industrial Press Complete Guide to Sharpening by Lee of Lee Valley Veritas Pocket Ref from Sequoia Publishing

For metal working - there are some really good catalogs out there such as NTK, Kennametal and Greenleaf.

Reply to
president

Tom:

I just wanted to publicly thank you for sending the book. I'm reading it and, as a novice, don't understand some of it but I'm working on it.

Thanks, Jay

Reply to
Jay