More best laid plans

  1. Dig through pile to find nice clean stick of cheery from which to cut side panels for stickley nightstand.

  1. Cut three nice 1'-3 chunks out cutting around checks and knots.

  2. Face joint, edge joint, plane all 3 down to 3/8 thick

  1. Break down sacrifical fence setup and swap out dado blade for good rip blade on TS and rip all 3 to precise width.

  2. Swap out rip blade for cross cut blade, get sled, trim one end, setup for
1'-1 3/4 cros cut. Do a test cut, adjust by 1/32 to get exactly what I want and cross cut all 3.

  1. Do dry fit of one leg set frame.

  2. Realize you cross cut them to 1'-0 3/4... exactly. Thank God you only cut panels for one of six units.

  1. Turn off lights, get in truck, drive home. Stop at store and realize after shopping, wallet is still on work bench. Drive back to shop, etc., etc.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com
  1. Dig through pile to find nice clean stick of cheery from which to cut side panels for stickley nightstand.

  1. Cut three nice 1'-3 chunks out cutting around checks and knots.

  2. Face joint, edge joint, plane all 3 down to 3/8 thick

  1. Break down sacrifical fence setup and swap out dado blade for good rip blade on TS and rip all 3 to precise width.

  2. Swap out rip blade for cross cut blade, get sled, trim one end, setup for
1'-1 3/4 cros cut. Do a test cut, adjust by 1/32 to get exactly what I want and cross cut all 3.

  1. Do dry fit of one leg set frame.

  2. Realize you cross cut them to 1'-0 3/4... exactly. Thank God you only cut panels for one of six units.

  1. Turn off lights, get in truck, drive home. Stop at store and realize after shopping, wallet is still on work bench. Drive back to shop, etc., etc.

I know how that goes. The problem is too many birthdays. WW

Reply to
WW

I know how that goes. The problem is too many birthdays. WW

I was wondering why I am feeling the need to share these mistakes and realized one aspect is I am quite OK with mistakes in the shop that do not include blood.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

I know the feeling. I wonder how I can remember the lyrics to a 60's song but I can't remember what I went to the shop to get???

Reply to
Nova

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Well, at least we can learn from your mistake as well. Cut the pieces for one (or as much as possible without changing the saw setup), then assemble it. Once you know those are right, cut the pieces for the rest.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper