More About Printing On Wood

Black and white prints from a laser copy machine can be transfered to wood using acetone. Do a mirror image print, tape it face down, soak with acetone using a rag and rub it with a spoon or other tool. Works much better and easier than trying to use an iron to transfer the print.

Art supply stores that sell magic markers for artists will have a colorless blender which artist's use to blend colors. It has a felt tip nib which makes it a good rubbing tool and obviously contains acetone because it works exactly the same.

The paper used in color copy machines is too thick to get a good image transferred. The copy place near me won't run ordinary black and white laser paper through their color copier. I'll have to look around and see if I can find a plce that will. Will let you know.

Stewart

Reply to
Stewart Schooley

How do you do a mirror image print? Thanks for advise.

Reply to
Dave W

"Dave W" wrote in news:Demdnau6Jt4WapbdRVn- snipped-for-privacy@suscom-maine.net:

Make a graphics file from your (whatever) program (I used PowerPoint, because I am familiar with it). Save it is a tiff, gif, jpg or whatever suits your simple graphics program (I use Irfanview, it's free). Use the flip horizontally option. That is the mirror image file.

Please don't tell me it can be done simpler ...

Reply to
Han

because you don't want to know how much time you could have saved, or because you know how, and don't want to be inundated?

For as much as i've done it, that's the process i've used. or rather, i've designed it to be reverse from the start. but i know there are processors which will flip the text output easier.

I imagine you could create a postscript filter that would do it with minimal programming, then create a virtual printer that would apply the filter and resend to your real printer.

Reply to
Philip Lewis

Just insert the following line before each page in the postscript file:

clippath pathbbox pop 0 translate -1 1 scale

and you are done...

Reply to
Juergen Hannappel