Monster sawhorses on ebay (Atlanta)

Anyone in Atlanta need some super duper sawhorses?

Check this out:

wants $700 to ship them to me so it wouldn't be worthwhile. But if you live within driving distance, this might be a good deal.

I'm not affiliated with the seller. I stumbled across the listing while searching for something else.

Reply to
AL

I've seen some similar units used to roll biz jets and King Airs around maintenance hangars. Impressive!

Reply to
B a r r y

Are you under the impression that all of Georgia is Atlanta? I live in metro Atlanta (NW side) and the freight calculator comes up with $372 to get to me! I'm tempted to look up a Macon zip code to see how much it gets for strictly local delivery.

Reply to
alexy

Gee... only $1,052.16 to ship a set to Central California.. lol

probably cost more than that to drive back and pick 'em up, so I guess my shop will have to get by without them..

would have made a really nice stand for the Jet min, though..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Good grief! What are you thinking of putting on those to saw, a whole tree?

(For those not following the link: these are boat stands -- superficially like sawhorses, except the top is a six-foot long piece of

8-inch I-beam with a wooden curved cradle on it, and they've got four heavy-duty casters on the bottom and also four load-leveling screw jacks, and the seller says they're good for at least three tons each. They look like some sort of military surplus, judging from the paint.)

- Brooks

Reply to
Brooks Moses

If I was closer to Georgia I'd love those - they'd be ideal for timber framing.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

On 2/3/2006 3:24 AM AL mumbled something about the following:

Umm, Macon isn't Atlanta. It's 50 miles for me to get to downtown Atlanta, it's 100 miles for me to get to Macon, and the closest I come to Atlanta to get to Macon is 30 miles from Atlanta.

Reply to
Odinn

Looks like Army drab green for their assault boats. Definitely not Navy haze grey.

Reply to
Odinn