Mongolian woodworking

Ran across this video of a carpenter making a gir "column" - it's the central post in a yurt type structure. This guy's shop is huge. Biggest I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxgLvnoRKzY

RicodJour wrote:

A worthwhile vid to take the time to look at. Wouldn't want his heating bill, though.

Almost makes me want to be a nomad... That looks sorta fun- until you have to do it, that is.